Filling a new AGP a foot a day?

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
I'm having my pool installed on April 10th - 15 foot round. The installer said to only fill the pool 1 foot per day not all at once. I have never heard that before? Has anyone heard of that? He said the liner needs time to settle and filling it all at once could burst the liner. But I'm worried because I have read on this website that you never want to leave a pool empty or near empty because the walls could collapse or something? I'm confused what to do? Thanks

I haven't heard of that. I installed my liner and filled it up the same day with no issues. Only thing I could see is maybe allowing the liner to warm up in the sun so it is easier to stretch but a foot a day is a little crazy to me.

Sounds like bunk to me, but I guess I'd do what he says if the warranty depends upon it. Otherwise, I'd fill that sucker up.

If you do fill it slowly, add some bleach and stir it up by hand to keep the algae at bay until the water level gets high enough to run your pump.

Two guesses 1) would be the builder is concerned about the liner being cold and he wants it to stretch evenly 2) he's concerned about your well pump/well. You should discuss it with him and see what his reason is and tell him your concerns. Day 1 only having a foot in the pool is marginal but probably ok, 1 foot of water 15 feet in diameter weighs quiet a bit. By day 2 you will be half full on your pool which is enough to hold the walls up in a very stiff wind. By day 3 theres no reason to worry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.