New here - Am I on the right track?

ddown

Aug 31, 2016
Visalia, CA
Hello all,

My wife introduced me to TFP shortly after the completion of our 17,000 gallon plaster pool with attached spa/spillover in September. I began maintaining the pool myself after the 3 months of free service offered by our pool builder ended. We are about to have our first full Summer of fun with the pool and thought I'd share some number ranges with you all and see if there is any advice or recommendations. I live in Central CA and have 3 months of temps in the 90s-100s to look forward to. I have been using 10% bleach for chlorine and add acid as needed to combat the pH creep I assume is from my spillover.

FC 4-7 ppm
pH 7.4-7.8
TA 70-80
CYA 45
CH 240

A few questions as well......
1. For the spa, I have the spillover on automatic timer to run for 2 hours every afternoon which keeps the water refreshed. Aside from that, is there anything else I should be doing?
2. Should I be adding a sequestering agent regulary, ie monthly? I don't think there is a copper issue with our water but haven't tested it to be sure.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.