Jun 17, 2015
Houston, Tx
This is my third SLAM I have done, but things are a little different this time. In the past I always had a CC reading that went to zero just about he same time the water looked clear. This time my CC has always been zero (even though the water was definitely NOT clear to begin with). Throughout the SLAM my water has been getting more clear but the CC has remained at zero. Since I don't have an objective CC reading that will go to zero when I am done I am having a hard time knowing when my SLAM is over. I keep on asking myself, "is the water really 100% clear?". Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

SLAMs can be different in the way that they manifest themselves. But......

If your water is not clear then you keep the SLAM up. Remember you have completed the SLAM when you meet all 3 conditions

1.) Water is clear
2.) OCLT is 1.0 FC or less
3.) CC of 0.5 or less.

Not quite sure what you mean by an objective CC reading that will go to 0.

This is my third SLAM I have done, but things are a little different this time. In the past I always had a CC reading that went to zero just about he same time the water looked clear. This time my CC has always been zero (even though the water was definitely NOT clear to begin with). Throughout the SLAM my water has been getting more clear but the CC has remained at zero. Since I don't have an objective CC reading that will go to zero when I am done I am having a hard time knowing when my SLAM is over. I keep on asking myself, "is the water really 100% clear?". Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.
Clear means that there is not one speck of algae, dead or alive. Clear means I can tell heads or tails on a quarter at the bottom of the deep end. Clear is when I can turn the pool light on and it doesn't look like a snow storm.

You haven't mentioned passing the OCLT. That is also required to complete the SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.