Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy deck jet controller

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy deck jet controller

I have 20 deck jets in my pool we recently built. Each jet is run on its on 3/4" line and has a ball valve for adjustment. Those valves are great because it allows me to adjust them all to the same height. The problem I am finding is that I often only want to turn on a few of them for my kids to play in, but that requires me to manually turn off each valve and that requires me to be out of sight of the pool/kids and it also messes up all the settings I had for the valves. Since each deck jet is on a separate 3/4" line, I was thinking about adding a simple sprinkler to each one and connecting it to a WiFi sprinkler controller. That way I could turn on each deck jet separately via WiFi on my phone. I haven't done any research to see if the sprinkler valves will even handle the pressure from the pump, it's just something that I thought of tonight. I'm hoping to get some input before trying it since 20 sprinkler valves won't be cheap and not really returnable after being installed. Maybe somebody knows of a better or more economical electric valve to use for this application. Thoughts?
    Jay...12,500 gallon freeform pool and attached spa w/ Bullfrog Oscillator & ClusterSpray Jetpaks
    Jandy 2hp VS pump(main), Jandy 2hp Stealth pump(Jetpaks), Jandy 1hp Stealth pump(water features) Jandy CL-580 filter, Jandy Watercolors LED lighting, Jandy Aqualink RS8(revision MM) w/Aquapalm, Autelis Controller, Onetouch controller, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy LXi 400k heater, Paramount PV3 6 zone infloor cleaning system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy deck jet controller

Thats a lot of jets! Sorry, I dont have any, but perhaps someone has been down this road here.

TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy deck jet controller

Jay,

Seems like it would work to me... I have a standard sprinkler valve that I use to remotely add water to my pool..

I doubt the pool pump has more pressure than the city water supply.

You could always just add one valve and test everything out to make sure it works before buying the other 11 valves.

Or better yet, divide the jets into zones and control each zone with one valve per zone.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.