Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bad issue with pool company

1. Back To Top    #1

Bad issue with pool company

We let a pool company take care of our pool last year and while they were closing the pool they said they were unable to get the pool ladders and hand rail to release from the pool. They decided to cut the poles instead of working on getting the poles to release. They did this without asking and I will not be using them again. The issue I have is how to get the pole pieces removed from the brackets to install new hand rails and ladders. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bad issue with pool company

I think I'd be asking the Pool Company how *they* are going to do this fix??

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

I would also call the pool co. and tell them what they did. They need to finish the job by removing those two pieces. And I bet the existing ladder ends that they cut are uneven and prone to rusting quicker.
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover

4. Back To Top    #4

I do not understand this at all. How brutish.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!

I agree that calling them doesnt hurt. Maybe someone in management or an owner would be willing to do the right thing.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

You should have bronze/metal cups built into the pool deck that the ladder ends slide into. Assuming that is metal, and the cut off ladder tube ends are still in these cups, you could spray some penetrating oil on them, trying to get between the deck cup and the cut off tube. Wd-40 would work in a pinch but there are many others (like pb plaster, kroil). Let that sit for 30 mins or so, then try and break them free with a chisel and hammer. You could get a blow torch and heat it up, then try and tap it with a hammer or chisel,, trying to rotate it in the cup,, once it breaks free pull them out with a pair of pliers/needle nose pliers.

I'd be upset,, good ladders are expensive. I like the SR smith commercial ladders, top notch.

Another alternative would be to buy some metal pipe (maybe even PVC pipe),, that you could fit into the existing cut off stems,. the other side would go up into the cut off ladder, and that would hold the ladder in place but that would probably be sloppy looking and leave some jagged edges, unless you filed it down a bit to make it look acceptable
    In-ground block / vinyl liner 33' x 22' x 5',, approx 25k gals
    Cartridge Filter
    Floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 return lines (2" plumbing ultra-flex PVC)

7. Back To Top    #7

I suspect that the cups are probably aluminum and corroded since the rails wouldn't come out.

If the cups are not usable, I would suggest core drilling them out and replacing them. The hard part is to reconnect the bond wire.

You could use Saftron as they don't need to be bonded.

SĀFTRON polymer rails are non-conductive. When used with SĀFTRON anchor sockets and bases, or installed directly into the deck, no grounding/bonding is required. SĀFTRON has been tested to be non-conductive by STR Laboratories. The current NEC code shows that SĀFTRON pool rails do not need to be grounded or bonded as the rails are sealed at the time of manufacturing. We have also received a letter form NFPA (NEC Codes) stating that they feel SĀFTRON pool rails are not required to be grounded or bonded.
    If the cups are usable, you might be able to make two vertical cuts through the rails and then remove the pieces.

Making the cuts is not easy.

Can you post a picture?
    Support the site

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.