I have a heat pump that works just fine to heat both the pool and spa. When the pump turns off, the heat pump turns off when the water flow to it stops, which seems normal enough.
The heat pump display will then show a 'low flow' error. When the pump turns back on and water flow is restored to the heat pump it does not turn back on. I have to manually clear the 'low flow' error on the heat pump display then it turns on right away. What could be wrong with the way that my heat pump is turning off that does not allow it to turn back on automatically?
Thanks to anyone that has ideas to share.

GeorgeInFlorida

It is seeing a mechanical fault in the pressure. Therefore it is locking the heat pump out until you reset it. Leave your pump running continuously and it will stop that problem. Heaters in general are picky about shutting off while they are in operation

What brand heat pump? Since heat pumps have their own power, meaning they are not powered off the pump timer clock, it will show that error and it probably will lock the unit out from operation because of it. Unless of course the particular brand you have might have some other setting to override/reset this without manual intervention. Maybe.

Do you have any automation system attached to the system? If you did, that would have eliminate this issue by hooking it up to the heat pump properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.