Possible with just one pump?

Veccster

Bronze Supporter
Aug 30, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
Was originally thinking of doing 2 separate loops and 2 pumps. But the cost goes up substantially as I'd need a 2nd pump AND I'd have to get the Intellitouch over the (cheaper) EasyTouch.

So my question....can this be plumbed for just 1 pump???

If I only had 1 pump (a 3hp VS Intelliflow), can I plumb actuators to be able to run the Slide, Waterfall and Deck Jets at the same time?

Those 3 features will be used when the pool is being used. When it's not in use, the speed can be lowered for filtration and salt generation.

I just can't see how to plumb so I can run the 3 water features - or any combination of them. Is it possible???

The diagram you have in the second post will work, but I'd think about putting the salt cell after the 3-way valve. That way you're not trying to run the salt cell when the main returns aren't on.

Great idea. I'll make that change.

I suspect filtering and salt water generation will be done during non-peak hours. So when the pool / water features are being used, the water will not run through the salt cell.

My PB just approved this plumbing layout as well. I'm going forward with ordering just 1 3hp VS pump (Pentair Intelliflo).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.