Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Screen logic interface (Pentair)

1. Back To Top    #1

Screen logic interface (Pentair)

Any feedback on this product? I have the pentair varaiable speed pump and would like to control it using my phone. How easy is to install? Will it work with my pump? And is it worth it?
    Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST variable pump. Pentair Cartidge filter. Pentair intelliclor SWG. 11,910 gallons, waterfall and bubbler, Wetedge luna quartz finish in St. Maarten

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Screen logic interface (Pentair)

Scott,

Well, I don't see it in your signature, so the first thing you will need, if you don't already have it, is an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch automation system.

Assuming you have one, then ScreenLogic is a night and day comparison to using the little 3" LCD controls.

As far as the pump goes, it you want to select a new programmed speed, you just click an icon, if you want to adjust a speed you can push an up/down icon.

I mainly use ScreenLogic on my PC. I have it on my Phone, but my pool is pretty simple, so I don't use the phone app much.

The EasyTouch is about 10 times easier to setup and program using ScreenLogic.

Now that I have used it for a year or so, you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands...

The install was an easy DIY, but Pentair's manuals are almost written a foreign language, so you have to be a little handy.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll be installing mine latter this week, I'll lyk how it goes. From what I've been reading about them, and I've been researching a lot, it's going to be very nice tool to help watch over the maintenance of the pool. A little pricey, but seem worth it in the end.

Loc: So Cal Full Sunlight, IG 30'x15' Rectangle, 21,000gal w/ 2100gal Jac w/ Spillover
    (SWG) Pentair Intelli IC40, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed UEE Pump
    Pentair Mastertemp 400 Pool and Spa Heater
    Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter CCP-420
    Intellibright 5G Color Pool and Spa Lights, Hayward Nav Pro Pool Vac, Taylor-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

I look forward to sitting back on my lounger and turning on deck jets and changing light color all with my phone. Combined with IFFT, I'm thinking I might be able to integrate a bit of Alexa as well.

"Alexa, turn on the deck jets"
    18'x36' vinyl - 24k gal - Intelliflo 3hp VSP - Pentair C&C 420 cartridge filter - IC40 Salt - EasyTouch 8 - ScreenLogic - Raypak 406btu NG heater - Intellibrite 5G ligths - 4 deck jets - sheer descent - X-Stream Slide 2 - TF100 kit - opened spring 2017

5. Back To Top    #5

I have it and love it. I have all Pentair equipment so I'm not sure if it will operate any other brand of equipment. Alexa a integration is also handy
    19,xxx gal gunite pool ,Fafco Solar, Pentair; Intelliflo VS Pump, EasyTouch Control System, Clean & Clear Plus Filter,ScreenLogic2, IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator, 3 IntelliBrite 5g LED lights and 1 Color Cascade LED Light Bubbler. 3 deck jets and 1 sheer decent waterfall

6. Back To Top    #6

Iceman, so can you, like, really tell Alexa " Turn on Spa" "Set temp for 100 deg" "set lighting for Royal Blue" With the Easy Touch Sys?

Loc: So Cal Full Sunlight, IG 30'x15' Rectangle, 21,000gal w/ 2100gal Jac w/ Spillover
    (SWG) Pentair Intelli IC40, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed UEE Pump
    Pentair Mastertemp 400 Pool and Spa Heater
    Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter CCP-420
    Intellibright 5G Color Pool and Spa Lights, Hayward Nav Pro Pool Vac, Taylor-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

Its not that in-depth, it (she) understands simple commands. "Alexa, ask Pentair to turn on the pool lights", "Alexa, ask Pentair what is the current temperature of the pool", "..............turn on the waterfall". Basically it can control whatever valve you have. You might have to rename things in SL to make it more understanable for Alexa. I haven't tried changing light colors or set a tempature, yet
    19,xxx gal gunite pool ,Fafco Solar, Pentair; Intelliflo VS Pump, EasyTouch Control System, Clean & Clear Plus Filter,ScreenLogic2, IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generator, 3 IntelliBrite 5g LED lights and 1 Color Cascade LED Light Bubbler. 3 deck jets and 1 sheer decent waterfall

8. Back To Top    #8

I love my screen logic set up.....I had one small problem that was fixed by the Pentair guy under warranty. The wireless antennas have to be mounted upright or they will get water in them.....I also got the wireless remote for back up in case my internet had any problems. It is nice to control everything from my phone, computer or iPad, Pentair guy can even log in remotely if you have any issues that need troubleshooting.
    26,000 gallon in-ground saltwater gunite with pebble sheen Ocean Blue plaster, Pentair intellitouch automation with screen logic2 interface and , intellibrite 5g LED lighting, (3) variable speed intellifloXF pumps, raised spa with (2) spillovers and swim up bar, pentair clean&clear plus cartridge filter, Mastertemp Heater, Ultratemp heat pump, IC40 SWG, multiple water and fire features, Stone creek pavers Precast Concrete coping. TF-100