Light Niche Leaking

Mar 10, 2017
Friendswood
Hello everyone...I have a leaking light niche. It is not where the electrical wire enters the niche, but along the edge (pic attached). Does anyone have any suggestions on repairing? I would like to repair it while its wet - not sure how many days it would take to dry out. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

• 20170314_113051_resized.jpg
    20170314_113051_resized.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 72
R,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions... :shark:

Does this pool have water in it? Looks to me like the pool is empty and ground water is penetrating the gunite and weeping out from under the pool light.

If this is true, then once the water is in the pool the problem should go away.

If the picture was taken with water in the pool, then sorry, but I have no idea how to stop it.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thank you for your reply Jimrahbe. The pool does not have water in it. I completely drained the pool on Monday, Tuesday morning approximately 10 gallons of water was sitting in the bottom of the pool which seeped into the pool via this crevice in the pool light over night. I assumed that if water could seep in from that spot, water could leak out as well. Is this nothing to be worried about?

A 10gal per day water seep is not anything to worry about. If you want to work on it you can use pool putty. It comes in black and white, you can mix them to get a gray that might sort of match. Mix it up and "moosh" it into the crack. It is probably best to do this after you fill the pool. It is designed to cure under water.

Normal evaporation rates in a pool is 1/8"-1/4" per day which is usually 50-100 gallons per day. More when it is hot, sunny, windy or low humidity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.