Pool functions turning on randomly.

Linc

Mar 10, 2017
Poway, CA
New user here. I have a swim spa with the pentair easy touch 4, my swim spa also has a separate spa side. Anyway over the last 6 months we've had three occasions where all three pool jets turned themselves on and started spraying water into the air, if you haven't experienced a swim spa with all the jets on high, it creates alot of force! The only way I could get it stopped was to switch off the breaker at the controller. There's no rhyme or reason when it turns on, once was at 2am the the other two times were in the morning and early afternoon.

Where can I find the 'spa side remote' to check it? I'm in southern cali and we've had ALOT of rain this winter so maybe that has something to with it. We've been lucky to have been home the times it's happened, but the next time we might not be.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Is this a wireless automation that might be corrupt? Or someone hacked into your wi-fi?

Does the swim spa have pre-determined times for filtration during the day? My spa runs for 2 minutes every day at noon automatically and it can't be altered. Could it be something along those lines?

If the water level is too low water will shoot upwards on my spa.

Yip :flower:

Thanks for the reply. I do have a programmed time for both the pool and spa to filter and it works fine. The problem we are experiencing happens at times not associated with the filtration. Also when the filtration is happening only one jet is on, when the system turns on itself all jets come on at full power, sending water flying out of the pool side. At this time our only solution is to turn off the breaker when we are not home. Can't take the chance of it running all day when we are at work and damaging the system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.