Pool Deck Needs a Facelift

Illupo

Jul 3, 2016
Scottsdale
My concrete pool deck of 30 years is faded so badly from the sun, water, chemicals etc. I have been wanting to make it look nicer and give it a bit of color depth. I am interested in semi transparent stain, but I wanted to know if anyone has done this before.

I am NOT interested in deck paint. Every one I have seen painted is peeling and chipping and looks worse than before. When I look at the Behr website and read their reviews, it bothers me that about half the respondents say that the semi transparent stain comes out looking like solid color paint! Color DYE perhaps?

I plan on doing this myself, so pebble tec and all of that kind of thing is out of the question. I just want some color and somewhat of a seal on the finish. P3070368.jpgP3070369.jpg

You're right about the paint -- don't do it! Mine was painted by previous owner and I painted a new color. Needs annual re-paint and looks awful most of the time. I also had cracking problems and covered with thin pavers to fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.