How to vaccum with dedicated port

Aug 17, 2016
Florida
I have a new pool and ive been relying on my triton. But I want to do my trough more thoroughly. Anyway. I have a dedicated port in the trough and in main pool. It's a latch that actually is pretty hard to open. Which I've done. I push the hose onto it.but it falls off. I assume I need suction. I'm pretty sure I recall being told to put the hose end in first. I attempted to hit clean in my one touch setting but it didn't appear to change any levers. I assume my pump levers have to be manipulated to make that port suck? If so how or what direction? I'll post a few pics of my equipment from left to right is heater then filter pump then Infinity edge pump.

efadb63bfa521cbafa531f78ee0f638a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a vac port that's on a snappy spring loaded latch, which is a major pain to open.So anyway, my PB gave me a generic hose and vac rolly thing.I don't use it, because my triton rocks the pool. Problems are the sunshelf getting dirty and the Infinity trough is packed with stuff daily. Anyway, i decided to try and hook up the vac to the dedicated port... Unfortunately, i cannot get the line to stay attached to it, It doesn't like "Slide in" or fit into the hole, it almost seems like it lines up with the whole size exactly.This is one of those standard blue hoses with white end caps. I finally figured out if i turn the vac to on and then turn the pump on, i get suction. However... it still does not stay connected to the vac port. It just falls off into the pool as soon as i move the line. The only thing i did not do is turn the main drain to off. I honestly didn't know where the gears get turned to, but i assumed vac being "on" would be helpful! The vac tubing was all full of water as they say to do, fill it up before connecting it to the port. A little frustrated because another really windy day here and craps everywhere in the trough again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.