Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice on a decent deck layout

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice on a decent deck layout

So we sort of shoe-horned in a 24 foot pool into our small yard. I absolutely love the pool we ended up with but I am trying to work with the small and awkward space leftover when planning a deck. I am hoping you guys might be more creative than I am.
    We don't want the deck to encroach upon front yard space. I mean it has the least obstacles but I have pushed norms enough by essentially putting a pool in my front yard . Onto the obstacles...My pump, filter, and well head (in the wooden box). Another thing to consider is that we have a wintertime river view. If we go really tall with the deck (pool height) we run the risk of losing that. Here are the two ideas. I have floating around.

Option 1: Build a ground level deck that's big enough for a few loungers, with stairs and a raised platform that enter to the left of the well head/pump area.

Option 2: Build a pool height deck but perhaps create a hinged door on the top to still access the pump and filter.

As seen from 2nd story living room:

View from the "front yard" angle:

A few more showing the spaces we are working with.

14k Gallon 24' x 54" Signature RTL , 1 hp 2 speed Pentair Optiflow, 350lb Pentair SD80 sand filter, 2" leaky plumbing, a Zodiac G3, and my TF-100!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice on a decent deck layout

If you look around on the forum, you'll see lots of different designs, but I'm sure some folks will chime in. Good luck on your project.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem