Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Monarch ESC36 / ESC8000
Hi Guys,
Got the start of an algae bloom, but water ~52-53:cool: degrees. Thought algae would not start below 60. Has been a bit warm with plenty of sunshine, just not expecting algae this soon. I sure know how to fix it (Ph to 7.2 then SLAM), but just want to get ya'lls thoughts.
As always, thanks for your help!!
Sami:cool:

Algae can grow in cold water. It just grows at a slower rate.

I have an idea we are going to be VERY busy this year with early algae blooms due to so many getting warmer weather sooner or they did not get as cold as in the past.

Now get to SLAMing :hug: LOL

Kim:kim:

Would it be wise with the warm weather we have been having, to pull the cover back and pour a gallon of bleach in and circulate it around some with a sump pump. All my equipment is stored for the winter, and we are not done with winter yet Im afraid. We have had several days in the 70s here in Kentucky!

Would it be wise with the warm weather we have been having, to pull the cover back and pour a gallon of bleach in and circulate it around some with a sump pump. All my equipment is stored for the winter, and we are not done with winter yet Im afraid. We have had several days in the 70s here in Kentucky!

I don't think it would hurt anything but probably a waste of bleach, best to wait till you are ready to totally annihilate the little buggers

I've been on high alert here also in p.a. calling for 75° here tomorrow so i looked under the cover this afternoon and so far so good. Looks like the day we covered it up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.