Hayward Maxflo VariableSpeed question

Feb 18, 2014
Houston, TX
So i pay 5cents per KW for enery charge totaling to no more than 10cents per KW with taxes and fees.

I am upgrading my de filter (to a pentair fns 48) and want to change my old single speed pump. I am currently running a 3/4 hp motor for my pool filtration (spa jets use a different pump). The maxfloVS (1.5hp) is selling at leslies for $820 + tax. Is it worth buying a vs pump since I dont pay high electricity rates. Should i just buy and new hayward superII pump/motor (singlespeed)

I run a pool timer if that helps and have 1.5" pvc

***Update***
I decided to buy a pentair superflo 2speed .75 hp.

I'm by no means an expert but saving on electricity cost is still saving, wether you have low or high kw costs. I have the Tristar VS and it is programmable. I am in the process of seeing how low and how little I need to run my pump without compromising water quality, love to save on cost if possible if not oh well lesson learned.

Yetiasr,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did some reading on this forum and saw that some ppl suggest a surge protector for the pump. Outages can cause the drive to go bad and it cost almost as much as a new pump to repair it.

After reading that i decided to upgrade to a 3/4 hp pentair superflo 2speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.