Hello from Brandon Fl

Feb 20, 2017
Brandon Fl
Hello my name is Johan. Just move in to a new house with an inground pool that is pretty big 20x40. I am excited to learn the bbb method in and outs to save money on chemicals with so much water. I have calculated to be approx 33,000 gallons. At the moment is very cloudy with a tint of green. After reading several post I have been cleaning the filter daily, have been running the pump constantly and raise the chlorine to 31 this morning. I went ahead and got the Taylor 2006 to do testing and this is what I have,

FC 27
CC 2
PH 7.6 before i raise the chlorine level
TA 110
CY 80
CH 300

My question is should I keep using liquid chlorine that will keep raising the calcium, use stabilized chlorine that will raise stabilizer, or drain some of the pool to bring both the calcium and stabilizer down, or any other suggestions to make the water crystal clear?

Florida in the house! We are catching up to TX! SWEET!!!

I have some reading for you. Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

If you read this you will see that liquid chlorine does not raise the CH.

Here is what you should be doing to clear your pool:
Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

If you want to make it a little easier/cheaper you can drain some of your water to get the CYA down. As you will notice from the FC/CYA chart in that link the more CYA you have the more FC you need.

Your CH is okay so no need to lower it.

Do you happen to have a SWG for your pool? Here is a link about then in case you do not know:

Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

I will check in with you to see how things are going after you read all of this.

Kim:kim:

i forgot to mention it is a plaster pool, outside with no cover, and no salt cell. Will continue adding liquid chlorine since it does not raise the CH. I am trying if possible to not drain pool because my water consumption is already high with the sprinkler system

Jay it would be very helpful for us if you would fill out your signature with your pool kind, size, equipment type (filter kind and size), test kit, etcl

Go to settings (upper right at the top of this page), edit signature (middle left).

This helps us so much in the future. We can see your pool info at a glance.

Kim:kim: