Outdoor kitchen design

smanni

Oct 20, 2012
Wildwood Crest NJ
Moving past the pool design phase (for a few days) and into the rest of the area.....

We are going to have a 34w x 12d covered porch area off of our pool house structure. The covered porch will go from about 10' against the house to 8' at the furthest point from the house. We are considering putting the outdoor kitchen under this covered porch. At this point -the LP grill (probably 60k BTU) and Green egg would both be built into the counter at the area where the roof is about 8'...and would be under the roof. Would you guys have any concerns about heat and the ceiling? It is completely open and no walls in this area...but the ceiling is still directly above both the grill and egg. I originally wanted it out in the open, but I think it will be more usable under the porch roof.

BTW - this is at the far end of the roof.....at the other far end is where the hot tub is going...also under the roof.

Most building codes prohibit a grill or an egg under a roof structure without a hood. An anonymous call to your local building inspector is probably in order to find out what is required in your community.

Good advice. Apparently its not a problem as long as its a certain distance from the actual structure. I see a lot of outdoor Kitchens under a porch type roof, but still a little unsure of where to plan for mine. The problem is that I have to decide the future location now so I can get the appropriate LP,H2O, and electric lines trenched in place...

Decisions....decisions....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.