T 15 giving me inaccurate readings

GreenTerrorPool

Jan 4, 2017
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL
I have a blue essence (aqua rite) T15 and it is continually giving me inaccurate readings. It is always about 600 ppm lower than what i acutally have of salt with my test kit readings. So now I have 3100 on the test kit and the Aqua Rite is telling me 2500. And since it is 2500 I am getting errors to check cell. I really dont want to clean cell as only 30 days old.

I am on the correct setting of T15 on the control panel. I tested the water twice and came up with 3100 both times so I know this is correct.

I recalibrated the panel to see if that would correct it, but twice i did this and still at 2500
Any suggestions

thanks
GTP

What test are you using for the salt?

Only clean the cell if it has scale on it. There is never a need to clean it if it doesn't have scale on it. Have you inspected the cell to make sure it is scale free? If the water is not balanced properly, it can cause a cell to be scaled up in less than a month.

You might want to bring the cell to a pool store that can check the cell to make sure it is working properly. Most Leslie's have testers.

TFP,

I know I have a different system, but for my IC40 it says the accuracy of the internal salt testing is +/- 500 ppm......

So the saying of "Happy cell = Happy pool" comes to mind. What I end up doing is just increasing the salt, in the pool, to make the SWCG happy so that it will produce chlorine.

My water temperature is only about 55 degrees, so although this is above the "cold shut off" temperature, I notice that the inaccuracy of the SWCG's internal salt test is much greater when the water temperature is below 65 degrees.

It is fairly accurate and linier between 65 and 85 degrees, but drops way off below 65.

Since your system is do new you should bring this up with your PB and see what he can do for you.

Jim R.

I think that your cell is a t-15, however, since it's not marked, it might be a t-9.

Try both settings to see which one gives you an instant salinity that's closest to the k-1766 test. The one that's closest to the k-1766 should be the right cell selection

Always go by the instant salt reading instead of the average salt reading.

Salt tests are generally considered to be +/- 400 ppm. Therefore, you could potentially have up to 800 ppm difference if one test reads 400 high and one test reads 400 low.

Your readings are only 600 ppm apart. That's within the accuracy of the tests.

The actual salt level might be 2,800 ppm.

As long as the tests are within 800, don't be overly concerned.

Also, the k-1766 is 200 ppm per drop, how are you getting 3100?

Can you post all diagnostic readings?

you dont miss much JamesW....i got 3100 as did 2 test...one was 3000 and one was 3200 so I avg. For the record i think the Blue Essence is a cheap knock off of the Aqua Rite and my contracator was trying to save money.
I am going to call manufacutre and ask what setting i should be on T-15 or T 9
Cell does not have any scaling in it.

What instant salt reading do you get with it set to t-9?

If the T-15 setting is closer to the k-1766, then that's probably the correct setting. However, it's worthwhile asking Hayward anyway.

If T-15 is correct, you probably just need to add more salt. Your readings are close enough. They will rarely be an exact match.

I wouldn't be concerned at all unless the readings began to approach a difference of 800 ppm.

when i put on T-9 my instant salinity reading is 3700. So if I had a T 12 setting i would be in business:cool: I think i will just keep at T-15 and add just a little bit of salt even though I am at about 3000 on my test kit.
I just want to keep the SWG happy and it is telling me i need more salt and keeps blinking

So, now that your salt seems solved, get your pH down NOW!

That is a much more significant problem than the salt discrepancy.

Please read "The "ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, I can attest that you need to get the PH down. My cell was scaling alot and now that I've got the PH where it should be, its working much better. As I said previously, my friend has a blue essence and its been working perfect, its a florida only product, but my understanding from doing all the research for him is that its exactly the same as the aquarite. Also, I don't know how the salt sensor is on the blue essence, but on mine especially with the high ph, the sensor was scaling over and reading lower Salt than it should be.

So Hayward said your Blue Essence should say 20,000 or 40000 gallons on it. I told him it said 35,000 he said that does not seem right. He then talked to someone else and said it is a T-15 Cell.
I have cleaned cell (had no bubbles from it...so it was clean) and RE-calibrated it. SO Im going to just add a little bit of salt to keep from getting the error code

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.