SLAM time....

So had an idea! Since I don't have sun back here right now, thought I would see how clarity would look at night with the flood lights on [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

12F9A157-56C9-47C9-BABC-86B2EA639505.jpg

Not too shabby [emoji173]

----------------------------------------------
Christina
~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method

Passed OCLT but going to leave pump running today and test again this evening and probably do one more OCLT just to ease my brain lol

Christina
~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method

Thought you would get a kick out of this... here is my back yard sunlight during winter for about 30 min [emoji23][emoji23]

C74CB5E3-646F-43E9-9574-60580ED95334.jpg

Christina

When I pulled the thermometer out on Saturday, the water temp was 48 lol

Christina

@kimkats

Apparently Fred decided today was not his day lol

9DDF621C-9008-4E3C-9F2A-268ECB8FBD40.jpg

Of course, I made him see the error of his ways and snapped his hose right back on him after I fished him out lol

Christina

Oh I got him out using my pole and a brush [emoji23][emoji23] I hooked it through the handle to pull up.... but he finished the job nicely...

Passed OCLT 3 times so called it good and will start prepping soon for season.

Final result :)

1D6B9AC3-96A0-4E27-965B-7F49C57940B5.jpg

Christina

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh yeah it was great all last summer .... just let it go over the winter with torrential rains and general "it is too cold for me to mess with and deal with it later" [emoji23][emoji23]

I used a whopping 3 jugs of 10% and 2 8.25%... however, I had an unfair advantage than most in that the pool is completely shaded ALL day in the winter except the sliver I showed you... that allowed my FC levels to remain really high at all times plus the first day I was spiking it every one to two hours and brushing enough to blister my hands lol Then once Fred was all cleaned up, he finished the rest lol

Christina

I am sure I won't have to test FC again for a few days [emoji23][emoji23]

Christina

So did a quick set of numbers and adjustments today to make sure everything was still good to go:

FC: (From this morning) 25
CC: 0
PH: 8.2 (added 5.5 cups of acid to lower to 7.2, it raises a lot)
TA: 110
CH: 320
CYA: 50

I think the last time I had marked it as 60 but could still slightly see it but was totally gone at 50 so called it that... chances are (since I do the fill to a line then glance) it could very well be in between those two and I should round up to 60. All looks good to me and will be prime for when we start prepping for season which means the heater will be kicked on for 4 - 5 hours a day once the weather holds consistently above 70 degrees. It will take a long long time to heat 48 degree water so I have to start it much earlier than when the kids "want to go swimming".

I have a link for you. You say your PH rises alot. Wellllllll if you lower the TA to about 90 your PH might steady out. You will have to play with your numbers to see what YOUR pool likes. Some like a TA of 90 for the PH to not jump up, some like a TA of 80. It will take a little tweaking testing to see what your pool likes.

Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Once you PH stops jumping up you will know you have found your TA.

Kim:kim:

Yup the TA and CH are wayyyy down from last year so just taking time and apparently lots of rain [emoji23][emoji23]

This is the 2nd addition of MA since I started and I believe TA went down 10 since the first battery of tests [emoji106] I al sure I will be adding more MA over the next months so that will start to level out I hope lol

Will read that again though!!! Now I have to go post in the pumps and have someone help me with a plumbing leak [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Christina
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is harder when you rent and it isn't your own otherwise I would have replaced this equipment last year [emoji23][emoji23]

Christina
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job on the cleanup! This is something that I enjoy seeing. Good thinking on the timing, too! Many wait until mid-spring to address issues like this one, only to find out that it has become much more difficult to address.

That D.E. Filter looks like it's treating you well after the cleanup as well, the water is crystal clear.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.