Sta rite error code

E06 is a bad board, shorted stack flue sensor or a board not set for the correct sfs (limit type switch vs. temperature sensor).

What is the heater history? Age, recent repairs etc?

Check to see if you have a stack flue sensor or switch. A switch is only open or closed. A sensor checks actual stack temperature by measuring the resistance of the sensor and correlating it to temperature based on a known graph.

The sensor should be reading 3.8 Mega Ohms at 77 degrees Fahrenheit.

Check to make sure that the board is set for the correct sensor type.

E06 means that the board is getting a reading of 0 ohms from the sensor. Check the resistance, if it's 0, you have a bad sensor. If it's high, you probably have a bad board.

You can remove the sensor and take it indoors to check at room temperature.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good morning. Weird thing. I started up the heater this morning and instead of freezing with the E06 error, it's reading the temperature fine at 54° but will not start. So I flipped over the control board and the SFS is on. When I test the sensor holding one probe at the end and the other at the nut end it reads 0. Will a new sensor solve it?

Even weirder. When I turn the heater off and on at the breaker without the sensor attached it works fine heater comes on start heating up and the service light is off. I can even now turn it off using the buttons. I'm going to assume it's definitely the flu stacked sensor. Can I use the heater without it?

Probably needs a new SFS. Don't use without it.

There is a water temperature sensor and a stack flue temperature sensor. The temperature displayed is the water temperature.

The SFS checks the exhaust gas temperature.

To check the stack flue temperature, press and hold the "Pool On" button for about 5 to 10 seconds.

If you remove the two halves of the heater cover, you can access the sfs. It's in the 90 of the exhaust flue. Take that out and measure resistance. It should be about 3.5 to 4 mega ohms. If it's zero, it's bad.

It should look like the one in this link.

Pentair Sensor, Stack Flue Temp (42002-0024s) - INYOPools.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.