Optimal Salt Level

buballodingo

Bronze Supporter
Jan 2, 2017
Sydney NSW
Gday all,
I was working back through my manual for my SWG and it recommends a salt level of 6000ppm optimal with the minimum being 5000 and the max 6500.

Unfortunately the electroheater I hve recommends 3500ppm max? What is the right salt level I should be targeting you think?

Cheers

I do a pool with the WaterCo Electrochlor and it ran fine at 5,200. I have it at 5,500 right now. I had a dip the other day and it did taste a bit saltier than other pools.

At 5,200 the low salt warning was on, but it was producing just as much chlorine. In your situation I'd run it at 5,000 and make sure your other water chemistry is good, which I think will be more important for your heater than the salt level.

Thanks needsajet. I was happy to run the salt at just above 4000 as the salt light wasn't coming on and was maintaining the right chlorine for a good 1.5 years. I have my new test kit coming in the next day or two hopefully and will start re-establishing the pool balance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.