Earth upheaval beside pool

birdgirl2014

Bronze Supporter
May 8, 2014
Charleston, SC
Not many people will have this problem, which is why I couldn't find a thread. A large live oak tree was felled during Hurricane Matthew in October 2016, and the roots lifted up an "earthball" with the roots of some azaleas. This has created a space right beside the wall of the Gunnite pool. Amazingly, the pool wasn't damaged. Should we pour cement into the space created, before we pack the earth back down? Thanks! Earth upheaval_0107.jpg

Wow, that's definitely a new one for me. No need to do anything except pack the dirt back down in the hole.

Thanks a bunch! I was reluctant to call the company that built the pool because I figured they'd see dollar signs and tell me I needed an expensive fix. I greatly appreciate your advice (and that of the other folks who have chimed in.) I'll be happy to send a donation to TFP to help assure that we all can continue to get good advice from people who want to help each other.

Again - many thanks!

Done! (The donation.)
This site saved me from replacing a motherboard, when all I needed was a $2.47 delimiter. And taught me how to remove the motherboard, too. I felt like I'd conquered Mt. Everest! Really appreciate the helpful community!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.