Owner/builder SoCal

24e8796129b0ce030ad266aa20521337.jpg
49ac1d021d7213d5f6a465b85f74c484.jpg
fcd4168178de085299ae2d8062467cdb.jpg
9a225f67522ba0be86f01e6b7f39dbf7.jpg

Ok Matt, but it isn't all clean and shiny

SO SHINNY!!!!

We’ve been off Moana for a month or so now. We had a Trolls phase and now the most requested movie is The Secret Life of Pets.

LIBERATED FOREVER! DOMESTICATED NEVER!!

We too had the troll phase - now we are on to Sing. You should hear Kate belt out all the solos

I forgot about Sing! The Trolls and Sing! phase overlapped so we at least could have a little variety. There was some Boss Baby in there too but that didn’t last too long.

Now it’s nonstop Secret Life of Pets ...

Pool looks awesome and the covered patio is amazing! If we ever move (back) to SoCal, I’m hiring you guys to build our custom dream home....but only if Mike works exclusively in his speedo ?[emoji23]?

I have finally read all the thread. Very nice work. I am going to consider being my own GC. We will have to make the choice soon... Was it hard to find the subcontractors, especially the gunite/shotcrete ones? You need to negotiate the price hard with them or they pretty much come up with standard rates?

Get at least 2-3 bids and go with the person you trust will get the job done right and on time. Negotiate when you feel it's within reason but don't be ridiculous. Good, quality labor is expensive in California and unless you plan to do everything yourself be prepared to pay.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Brian. We like Brian sooo much we want him to do another pool for us. So we're moving [emoji25] random and crazy but we aren't conventional and never have been. Mike and I commute quite a lot and it's just getting longer because of California traffic. We found another house we love - closer to where we need to be and just went for it.

MOVING?!?!? Totally understand the way you feel. When I first got out of grad school and my wife was in medical school, I would commute from where we lived in the Bronx all the way into Connecticut. It was 1hr 15mins in the morning to get there and about 90+ mins in the evening to get home. I did that commute for about 1 year before switching jobs and only having a 30min commute each way. When I finally started working remotely from home, I swore I never wanted to sit in traffic ever again....well, now I drive my kids all around town all day long so I’m right back into the car :hammer:

Hahahahaha, so you swan in the pool twice and now you’re moving!! That’s awesome. Well, at least you got a great backyard installed and completed with a great value-add to the home. I hope your sale goes well.

Good luck with the home purchase!!

Oh, and Brian, good luck working FOR Joannie :whip: :whip: I’m going to love seeing a new build thread with you two ?[emoji23]?

I have visions of “The Odd Couple” coming to mind...

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] poor Brian he would probably just mutter everything under his breath and shake his head. He's a whole lot louder online than in person. The next house has a pool so it'll be a simple upgrade when the time comes. Add on a reef shelf and Aquabright

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.