New Build in NE FL

You nailed it! I love it all! WOW! That is going to look awesome! I love how is all ties in together! I would not change a thing!

The 6" tile is just right! Now when the box gets there pull it out and go through it. You can see the shading of the colors. Mix and match how you want them done. It might not be a big deal but then again it might.

On one build there was some shading in the tiles.........well the installers put all of the lighter ones together and all of the darker ones together. It look awful :( IF they had mixed them up it would have look great. The PO had them remove and redo them all after crying and sharing pics.

:hug: on taking down the wall. I understand. Memories are still there and now it is time to make new ones.

Kim:kim:

Thanks! Good tip about the tile! I already mentioned to the PB that I was adamant that the paver installer mix up the pavers to avoid an issue like you mentioned with all the same shades together but didn't think about doing that with the tile so def will tackle that! I am home every day bc of a back injury so at least I will be here to watch everything (and bring water and snacks to the guys so they wont mind me hovering lol)

And thanks for the conpliments on the pool. I was feeling a little unsure and not settled until yesterday and kept second guessing the choices but I feel confident in what we decided now.

Bad news here last night...not about the pool but one of our trees! We have 2 giant live oaks behind the house. There is one that is to the left of the one that was in question for the permitting. It was hit by lightning last night and it likely saved my life!

We were coming in from the barn as we put the horses in before the storms got here. My husband was ahead of me as we were walking in and suddenly BAM, bright light, deafening sound, and I took off running for the house. I checked the surveillance video in the barn last night after the storm passed but all I could tell was the lightning hit over near the house but I couldn't see where until this morning. I am devestated as I love these trees. We will be doing everything we can to try to help it survive though I am very thankful it hit the tree and not me.

16507872_10210719826538990_1033263863514200595_n.jpg

Yes for sure! I was only 15 feet away!!

I have sent a text to the county arborist. Waiting to see what he has to say. Researching online says to fertilize, mulch, and possibly cover exposed areas with eucalyptus oil to deter bugs. Really hope bit survives.

Just placed our order with Lightstream...waiting on the shipping quote and then will give him our card number...

Did it strip the bark on a path down to the ground? And/or is there a ring anywhere around the trunk that the bark was removed? I've read that rings of exposure are worse than a vertical line of exposure. Not sure if there is any merit to that though.

Glad for your good fortune. Hopefully the tree has the same outcome.

Did it strip the bark on a path down to the ground? And/or is there a ring anywhere around the trunk that the bark was removed? I've read that rings of exposure are worse than a vertical line of exposure. Not sure if there is any merit to that though.

Glad for your good fortune. Hopefully the tree has the same outcome.

It just has that vertical line where the bark blew off but no crack like I have seen in some pics. It seems to have just blown the two outer layers of bark and tissue off. When it gets close to the ground, it has less depth in how much bark was blown off vs 3 feet above the ground. It travels all the way to the top of the branch with less bark flying off up there too. No girdling of the bark (my horses did that to one of my sweet gums and killed it). Here are some more pics of it...

16473619_10210719826738995_1352563049249068158_n.jpg

16508631_10210719827259008_2429920786674441006_n.jpg

16602289_10210719852819647_6249291502842884010_o.jpg

Seeing how close it was to where I was standing, I def feel blessed to still be here. Someone, maybe my dad, was watching out for me as it not only hit the tree but went the opposite direction in the ground than where I was at.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow! Thanks for the visual. What a great scar story. I expect it will survive save for far up the branch.

It was terrifying esp to think you really could have just died!! It was deafening and you literally go blind for a split second bc its so bright!

On the pool front, we ordered the Lightstream today and I opted for a 60 irridecent and 40 non split. Lead time of 4 to 5 weeks which is perfect based on dig and cure time. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

How scary. Hope you can save the tree as it is very nice. When pruning in the past, we would mix listerine into white latex paint to cover the cuts to prevent bugs. You can call local Agriculture Extension at a university for tips, as they should know local trees well. Would hate to see it go. But if so, looks like you could get some beautiful wood out of it which you could use for furniture to remember it.

Yeah that tree def saved me!! So far, so good. Apparently I should see brown leaves within a week if it's going to die soon.

Received a text from PB today. They are delivering equipment on Monday and bringing the fence to mark off our septic and trees and then will start digging Tuesday!! He will have the pricing for the silver travertine and LED sheer decent this weekend. Yay!

I think you might be interested in my fountain which eery looks like your concept . Anyway mine is 13' long from edge of column to column. The columns are about 26"with coping and the water pots are 30" in diameter.
The delay with permitting has allowed me to spend even more time reading and looking at projects on this board. We decided to go ahead and add the 2 LED bubblers on the sun shelf and I now have them giving me the price of doing a back wall with columns on either side. The columns will be covered in the same stone as the spa and fire pit, and then we will have firebowls on the top of them. The wall will be covered in the glass tile and then a sheer decent water feature.

I took our proposal from the PB and built it in my Google sketchup program. This allowed me to build the wall and. columns to see how it would look. Currently have the PB giving us a quote on building the wall and columns to my mmeasurements (18" columns that are 24" high and a 10' long wall that is 18" tall and however wide needed, was thinking 12") with a 4' sheer decent that has LED lights. Likely will need a booster pump with that. Then asked him for the price of doing the same wall and columns but a short wall and shorter sheer decent to see how much the cost difference is esp if we wouldn't need a booster for a smaller water feature.

I also read on here about the NPT Lightwaves glass tile that looks similar to the Lightstream tile I love so ordered some samples. Only issue is they don't have a color that is similar to the steel blue and the Lightwaves seems to be a lot more blingy since every single tile is irridecent but if the cost is significant and looks comparable, we may do that.

Final clearance and building plans should be finalized this week and I am hoping PB can give me the costs of these ideas I have and start digging a hole before I come up with even more changes!

Here is my 3d drawing showing the wall
16195633_10210615183482979_5186096104848655926_n.jpg

16266185_10210615183642983_5795532170068302624_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is still under construction and I will post more pictures when it's finished

Attachments

• IMG_20170207_071515.jpg
    IMG_20170207_071515.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_20170210_175217.jpg
    IMG_20170210_175217.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 284

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.