Soon-to-Be Fiberglass Pool Raleigh, NC

yup... rest/ice/compression/elevation .. "RICE" Sorry about the foot. I ruptured my Achilles tendon a few months ago and was in casts and that darn boot entirely too long!! Drove me bonkers.

Your flower bed is going to be really nice when it fills out and fills in. Will you be adding some annuals or perennials in there too?

Yippee :flower:

Thanks Kimkats and Yippee! Yes, this has been a really fun week with the foot. It is weird, the pain really subsided yesterday afternoon, but then it started swelling quite a bit. It isn't easy to keep it elevated with little kiddos around, but I am doing my best!

I am excited for the flower bed to fill out! I'm not sure what else is going in there...I'm open to suggestions! :)

I am absolutely in love with my pool though, I loved drinking my morning coffee looking at this:
17799017_10100223461229174_4564844088191892665_n.jpg

yup... rest/ice/compression/elevation .. "RICE" Sorry about the foot. I ruptured my Achilles tendon a few months ago and was in casts and that darn boot entirely too long!! Drove me bonkers.

Your flower bed is going to be really nice when it fills out and fills in. Will you be adding some annuals or perennials in there too?

Yippee :flower:

If you go sit by the pool with your injured foot in the water that counts as icing it down! And you can ponder what you want to plant :) Especially when I don't know what I want to go where I have this rule: Perennials go in the ground, annuals go in pots. That way I play around a bit and learn what everything is that I just bought in haste. LOL

Your cement looks really good. The pool looks inviting!

What did you end up planting? The photos aren't close-up enough for self-identification! I love falling asleep at night thinking about how I'm going to landscape (or re-landscape - cause it's never done) an area.

Yipee...I like the way you think! I have the same sort of philosophy about annuals going in pots and perennials in the ground! Thank you for the complement on the pool! We are so thrilled with the concrete in particular. Who knew pretty concrete could really "make" a pool? :)

Bmoreswim - I sort of went "potluck" on the plants. Hubby and I couldn't agree on them at all. My 3 year old picked out the boxwoods, which made hubby happy, and I picked everything else.

So we have Dwarf Boxwoods at each end of the bed, the very small reddish plants are Firepower Nandina - so they are this mix of red and green year round, and the lime green bushes are called Sunshine Ligustrum. Those are my favorites so far! I also picked up a Needle Palm, which is in a pot for now, and 8 Emerald Green Arborvitae that are the beginnings of a hedge along part of the fence. They should be big enough for a hedge by the time my 3 year old heads off to college! ��

None of those plants bloom...I didn't want anything attracting bees that close to the pool. I'd say that's for the kids, but it is really more for myself. I am squeamish about bees!

What did you end up planting? The photos aren't close-up enough for self-identification! I love falling asleep at night thinking about how I'm going to landscape (or re-landscape - cause it's never done) an area.

Thanks for the update. I think you'll be happy with those. I wonder if the Firepower will retain the red colored leaves all winter in your climate. That would be cool.

I remember our deck day distinctly. It is such a big step towards seeing how you will really be able to use the area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.