Pentair Easy Touch question transceiver for remotes

flipr

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2015
Punta Gorda, FL (SW FL)
Looking at adding automation to my setup, got quote from installer who added quite a bit extra (IMHO) for going with PSL4 wireless remote, about $450 MORE than the Quicklink II 8 button remote.

Can I install Quicklink now, and add Full remote in future, using the same transceiver? Or will each remote require its own transceiver?

If both are to be used at 'same' time are 2 transceivers needed? Thinking the full remote would be the 'inside' one, instead of installing the wired home panel. Quicklink II would be 'outside' remote at the poolside bar area.

Maybe I'm over thinking this anyway, but thought I'd throw this out there.
Thanks much.

(Not adding to pool in sig, its at another house.)

flipr,

Instead of Pentair remotes, I suggest you look into Pentair's ScreenLogic2. It allows you to control your pool from a PC, a Tablet, or your phone, or all three at the same time.

Jim R.

flipr,

Instead of Pentair remotes, I suggest you look into Pentair's ScreenLogic2. It allows you to control your pool from a PC, a Tablet, or your phone, or all three at the same time.

Jim R.

Thanks, I see you have it. To be honest, I was a little scared off by so many negative reviews, unit quits after 3 months, no signal, drops access, etc.
Did they fix some of the software issues with release 2?

flipr,

I never had the original ScreenLogic. so I can't really say if it was good or bad. I installed ScreenLogic2 last December (Christmas gift) and have never had a problem with it.

Why I like it better than a remote is that you can do everything a remote can do, plus you can program most EasyTouch functions without going outside to the panel. I usually say that if Pentair included ScreenLogic2 free with each EasyTouch, they would double their number of EasyTouch sales. It just makes using the EasyTouch that much easier.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, I see you have it. To be honest, I was a little scared off by so many negative reviews, unit quits after 3 months, no signal, drops access, etc.
Did they fix some of the software issues with release 2?

Some of the problems are due to customers that don't update the brick. If you get ScreenLogic, be sure to install the ScreenLogic Connect interface software for PC and/or Mac on your desktop computer. This is necessary so your brick can be updated. Keep in mind that updates must be done manually, and cannot be updated via your smartphone. Don't worry, it's not difficult to do.

I had Screen Logic (original), and I did have issues with the brick. Pentair was good about spending the time it took to get me back to working, and had to send me a new brick. So early adopters like me had issues. With SL2, it has been nothing but net.

The only minor complaint is that if I have too many devices connected, I can get blocked. I think they have a limit of 6 connections at once, not sure about that, that is what my gut is telling me.

I had Screen Logic (original), and I did have issues with the brick. Pentair was good about spending the time it took to get me back to working, and had to send me a new brick. So early adopters like me had issues. With SL2, it has been nothing but net.

I'm sure that you always updated, but that is what would happen to the bricks that didn't get updated. The bricks would get bricked, and would have to be replaced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.