Best Robot for picking up leaves and Acorns?

Any of the major brands should do a good job of picking up that kind of debris. I assume you are looking for a robot cleaner and not one that is dependent on the pool's plumbing system, correct?

Edit: I was just reading a post that says the robots are not as effective in cold water. I think a lot of the effectiveness is going to have to do with the volume of debris you have and the capacity of your cleaner. I would look for one with a large debris capacity if you have a lot of leaves.

Most will do a good job with leaves, but in my opinion, the real test is what holds the most and is easiest to clean. The S-series has the best basket by far and it cleans very quickly. The cartridge models are a second best because they have a more limited capacity and take a bit longer to clean. As with any other useful tool, the less of a chore it is to use and clean, the more useful it is and the more likely you are to use it. The older collection-bag models were a pain in the butt to clean so I only used mine once or twice a week. My S300 went in first thing every morning in the summer.

+1 to the Maytronics S200/300 also available as Doheny's Discovery. More here, First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery

I have lots of trees with small, medium and large leaves and various types of seed pods. We also have lots of snails that dive in the pool when it rains. :scratch: It has a large, easy to clean basket that holds lots of leaves and picks up everything that falls in my pool. No acorns though, but those snail shells are similar.

There is a 2 year warranty for the Doheny's Discovery that is administered by Maytronics. Maytronics and Doheny's will tell you that you can take your robot to a nearby authorized dealer or ship it to a repair center. I am in the middle of a warranty repair on my Discovery. I called 3 authorized dealers/service centers near me. 1 was closed for the week, 1 said they only repair products they sell and the third was happy to repair my robot under warranty.

There is a 2 year warranty for the Doheny's Discovery that is administered by Maytronics. Maytronics and Doheny's will tell you that you can take your robot to a nearby authorized dealer or ship it to a repair center. I am in the middle of a warranty repair on my Discovery. I called 3 authorized dealers/service centers near me. 1 was closed for the week, 1 said they only repair products they sell and the third was happy to repair my robot under warranty.
I am in Southlake. Where did you end up taking your Robot for repairs. Ease of service will probably determine what I buy. Is this the best time of year to buy a robot?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
BBB, I have a Dolphin M4 and it is pretty awesome on leaves...to a point. But I have a vinyl liner and as such, try to remove acorns (as well as truly heavy piles of leaves) before running the Dolphin. The acorns can in theory get caught in the treads and be dragged across the surface.

So just a caveat if you have a liner pool. It hasn't happened to me, but I recall someone warning me about this when I bought the dolphin a few years back. I thought it was worth mentioning at least.

It's back in action and working double time with all the leaves. The guys are Swim Clear Pool Supply did a great job. He also said this is the first warranty repair they've done on the new S series that normally they run forever. I was just lucky! :)

My Doheny Discovery (S200) picks up acorns! We get them from my neighbor's tree. I even put the robot in our spa which is located in close proximity to the offending tree, and it got every last bit of shell! HIGHLY recommend!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.