Display Readings

Henry M

Silver Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Coral Springs, Florida
1)Is it a correct assumption that when the Cell Amperage reads 0.00, and the Instant Salt reads 0000, it is because, at that moment, the cell is not generating anything?

2) On occasion the Instant Salt reading is below the Average Salt Level reading. Does this have any significance? Should I make any sort of adjustment?

3) One need only recalibrate Average Salt when the Instant Salt reading is above the Average Salt reading?

Thanks very much.

You should never have to reset the salinity reading, only if you are having issues with the SWG and you are trying to get it to work when it is not working properly.

Turn the system on to 100% and see what readings you get for amps and instant salinity.

Thanks for your reply. I set the Output to 100%, and the Average Salt reading & the Instant Salt reading were identical. The amps read 7.6, and I'm assuming that's OK. I've had difficulty in the past trying to find the best Output setting. I began at 70%, but that resulted in a chlorine reading of +10 ppm. I lowered it at 10% increments over the past several months & found that about 25% keeps the chlorine reading at abou 3. Am I missing something here? Thanks very much.

4300 is a bit too high. You're ok as long as the amps stay below 8.0. If the water was warmer, it would hit 8 amps for sure.

Try to get the salt down below 3800 over time. If you're going to heat the water, you're going to have to get the salt level down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.