Ascorbic Acid Treatment

I have been dealing with a brown stain that is all over the sides of my pool. I have given it two AA treatments, followed by putting Phosphonic acid in the pool to hold any metals in solution and placing Poly Filler in the skimmer to then catch the metals to remove them from the pool. Whilst the water is looking very clean and clear the staining continues to come back over the following 5 to 7 days. I either do my third AA treatment or try something else. I also seem to get what looks like soap flakes in the pool following a treatment. Is this a bi product of the AA? Any suggestions on what to do next. The stain is removed within seconds of putting the AA in the pool which is indoors so I am suspecting it is metals although tests show only very low levels of iron like 0.02 and no copper.

Greetings. Do you keep your ph low, eg 7.2sh, and does it help when you do?
Do you have SWG and if so is there anything secretly corroding, like inside ladder tubes? Or do you have a known source of iron, such a a well.

The metal tests don't work well when you're sequestering, so I tend to believe my eyes more than the iron kit test ;)

HSS, what brand and type of metal sequestrant are you using?

Jacks Magic Purple is made specifically for swg. A while back someone at TFP had spoken to a tech at Jacks who'd said the normal HEDP type, eg., Jacks Pink, doesn't work right in high TDS environment, which swg by attrition is. Some find better results with Jacks Purple.

Is your swg and heater bonded? I've seen reports where lack of bonding seems to exacerbate staining conditions.

Also, see if keeping your ph between 7.2 and 7.4 helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.