And Yet Another New Build From Texas

I LOVE a darker colored plaster BUT the darker you go the more you risk mottling. The lighter the plaster is the less is shows up.

It really depends on the skills of the person doing the work.

Kim:kim:

Quote from my PB when I asked about darker color, Colorscapes vs Quartzscapes, etc.

"We have one of the best installers in my opinion. Although all applications do have a variation in color we do not have complaints on the application..."

So far, they seem to have done a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tile and Coping complete. Still kinda dirty due to all the dust, but I'm pleased so far. Equipment delivered today, including an inferior test kit.
e586c8fd5d4ed8bfe1b68e9d55e57dab.jpg
6e5ecd1321a063092f615105ddd86393.jpg
82145c6875b6ca3ff6fb18da178c9527.jpg

Equipment delivered and plumbed today. Hope I didn't screw up...based on a thread I saw on here, I insisted on a valve to bypass the heater. It looks awfully complicated to me, and I'm not even sure it is needed on this particular heater. Thoughts?

There many reasons to have a bypass. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it LOL

If the PB does not help you understand what does what we can. I would print out this pic as big as you can. Take it outside with you when your PB teaches you about everything. Write down notes on the picture. Put it in a folder with all of your other pool stuff.

There many reasons to have a bypass. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it LOL

If the PB does not help you understand what does what we can. I would print out this pic as big as you can. Take it outside with you when your PB teaches you about everything. Write down notes on the picture. Put it in a folder with all of your other pool stuff.

Great idea!!! Thank you!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
APRIL????????????? NO!!!!! That is so far away..........................:(

Yeah. He said electrician will run electrical and plumber will run gas soon, then we'll have to wait for a city inspection. Next up will be decking which may take a while. Since we only have about 300 ft of decking, the concrete guys will give priority to the home builders in the area who are ordering thousands of feet for each build. Once decking is done, there is another inspection. Once we pass that, the plaster people will clean the gunite, then do plaster the next day. If I understood correctly, pool fill is same day for Colorscapes or within 4 hours if we go with Quartzscapes. Once filled, PB says it takes 3-7 days to let plaster and chemicals do their thing, then we can jump in. Does this sound right?

Regarding plaster--I was initially told Colorscapes lasts between 5 and 10 years, and Quartzscapes will last between 10 and 15 years. PB said longevity is directly related to pool care and chemicals. He went on to say Colorscapes can last 15 years or more if chemicals stay correct and proper brushing/cleaning takes place. Anyone have real world experience to back up or refute these claims?

Upkeep of the water balance is the key for any kind of plaster. The installers also have quite a bit to do with it as well.

As far as real world "my plaster has lasted this long" I hope there are some out there that will chime in.

Our seeded aggregate deck was poured last week. This week, the second yard clean, the pool clean/mastic, and sprinkler re-route happened and everything looks pretty awesome. The city inspector keeps questioning the gas line work. I feel kinda bad for the master plumber--he has been out probably 5 times to do different things to try to make the inspector happy; he says the inspector must be new because he has never heard these requirements in 30 years of plumbing for pools. I believe plaster and/or new sod should be the next activities, but I haven't been given any dates. Since we are so close, I ordered my TF-100 test kit bundle tonight. Will plan to follow PB start up and chemical processes initially, but will post my water info as soon as I receive my TF kit.

SO close! The end of the mud in the house at least now! SWEET! How does that feel to walk on? It looks pretty!

Let us know when your test kit gets there. You can go ahead and test your fill water but don't bother doing the CYA as it has to be added. Write this info down in a small note book like this:

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA (when added)

I also make notes on big weather. After a while you start to see a pattern.

I got my T-100 test kit last week and tested fill water today. They were going to do plaster and fill today, but the threat of storms pushed it to tomorrow tentatively. My fill water appears to be:
CH: .5
PH: 8.2

Does this tell us anything? Any other tests I should run on the tap water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.