Chino Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm confused why anyone would ever consider drilling a hole in their pool. If you wanted to partial drain then get a pump. The cost of a pump purchase or rental would probably be better than fixing a hole in the pool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: How to safely drain a pool?

Cheaper to fix a hole then reseat the whole pool if it lifts due to ground water.

Educate me,,, how is it cheaper to fix a hole in a pool than use a pump to get the water out? Too early in the morning to get how that is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google pool popping or floating pool. With a high water table and an empty pool it is possible for a pool to float up several feet out of the ground. If that happens the pool has to be demolished and rebuilt. That is why holes are drilled in the bottom or hydrostatic valves are used so that ground water pressure is relieved and doesn't lift the pool.

I guess I read the first post wrong. I know about the chance of pools popping out of the ground, according my our pool inspector it is rare here in SoCal but can happen. I saw the subject "draining a pool" and from there without re-reading it I thought they were trying to drain the pool in order to put new water back in. My bad :).

That stinks. When I read it flooded and and they wanted it drained I thought just use a pump ;-). Hope all turns out well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.