New build DFW TX

dgknight3

Bronze Supporter
Sep 1, 2016
Grand Prairie TX
Been reading around on website for a month or so, waiting for Oncor and City approval for permit. We have it now and should have a dig date this coming week!
Seperate spa but PB will put in spa slab. Also, since PB rendering we have added a pergola over patio that has completed.

So here goes -

Knight%20David_003_zpsxuc6ortf.jpg

Knight%20David_003_zpsxuc6ortf.jpg

Knight%20David_002_zps0g2wqsr3.jpg

Knight%20David_004_zpsyyfrprmx.jpg

Decided to add more decking.

Knight%20David%20final_006_zps7xhpzwnt.jpg

Knight%20David%20final_005_zpsschreyqr.jpg

FUN! How neat that you are going with the AquaBright from the start! This will be fun to watch!

I would love to see some pics of the "real" yard as a before to see what you are dealing with.

Adding the deck on the far side of the pool is a great idea! Less chance of grass getting in the pool and it is pretty also.

I would think about having walk ways to and from the hot tub if not having it's pad tied into the pool decking. Don't want grass, dirt, etc. being tracked back and forth.

Kim:kim:

kimkats,
Yes, my thoughts exactly on the extra decking being a buffer for grass clippings.
We will probably do some stepping stones between spa and pool or something similar.

Pics of yard.
Shows gas reroute and pot holes used to verify where electric lines were.

20161029_121431_zps8t31yylv.jpg

20161029_121456_zpsupx2a8t2.jpg

That yard is made for a pool! NICE area!

Good job on the pot holes to find the lines! We just had one where they cut the line! They had NO idea it was buried! Done by former home owner and not noted :( Cost them $4000 or so.

I LOVE the pergula! The curved lines are neat!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now you get to start bonding with it! aka watering it! LOL When you are tired to doing it by hand you can use sprinklers to do it for you.

This is the time I give you a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info so take it slow. It will all start to make sense when you start using it.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

This is also when you need to find out what test kit the PB is giving you so we can fill in any holes it might have.

That is so awesome looking! I love everything about it!

Day 12 Saturday: Tile and Coping done.

I measured my tap water and came up with these numbers:

FC = 1.2
CC = .8
PH = 7.4
AK = 70
CH = 130

When I do the FC test and put the powder in, 2 scoops and even 3 scoops just barely turns the water pink. So I'm not sure, should I add more to turn the water closer red or just proceed with the water pink?

20161113_091934_zpsxv9qkmzm.jpg

20161113_092009_zpspqmwtsw0.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.