Do you think this is necessary?

Sjde

Apr 29, 2016
Denver CO
Pool Size
What do you think about these hot tub guidelines?
Do you do this?

Recommended Monthly

¥ Microbiological tests for indicator organisms.
¥ Clean input air filter when fitted.
¥ Inspect accessible pipework and jets for presence of biofilm;
clean as necessary.
¥ Check residual current circuit breaker /earth leakage trip is operating correctly.
¥ Check all automatic systems are operating correctly eg safety cut-outs, automatic timers etc.
¥ Disinfectant/pH controller - clean electrode and check calibration (see manufacturer's instructions).

Quarterly

¥ Where possible clean and disinfect air lines.
¥ Legionella tested by lab

Btw I read where someone said this is a chlorine forum? Really?

Yes, we are big fans of chlorine. There is no better way of maintain a pool or hot tub.

The process is how I have maintained my hot tub for 4 years or so. I drain it a couple of times a year. I use a TF-100 from TFTestkits.net to test my water. Lots of folks recommend using Ahh-some to flush out the tub when draining but I haven't done it yet.

How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

We like our pools/spas to always be available for use (that is... sparkly clean, safe and comfortable for people) and never turn green the day before a party.

I can't comment on the whole list you posted, except that the sanitizer sensor might need to be calibrated more often than monthly. I haven't heard of any TFPC users needing to test for pathogens. What sanitizing system are you using?

Unless your hot tub is open to the public and used by every Tom, Richard & Harry (sorry, D-word is prohibited), your likelihood of developing Legionnaires Disease isn't very likely. Testing for it is a waste.

Also, just use a biofilm cleaner once or twice a year (we recommend Ahh-Some) and you'll never have to worry about biofilms (or go looking for them).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.