Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ROBO KLEEN OR POOL ROVER

1. Back To Top    #1

ROBO KLEEN OR POOL ROVER

I am looking into buying a Robo Kleen or Pool Rover Jr. automatic pool cleaners. I have an 18' above ground pool. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ROBO KLEEN OR POOL ROVER

we have a pool rover junior...LOVE IT..drop it in...come back 2hrs later and clean floor...just enty the unit, shake out the filter bag and move the wheel pin to the other side (moving the pin is KEY...it keeps the electrical cord from getting all tangled up)..we eneded up pick up a refurbished model from our local Namco Pool Store at the end of last season for $149...new they run about $249...I now vacum about once a month to get small pebbles and the heavier dust that settles on the pool floor
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

$249? Hmmm. I've seen them for $319. I was going to pull the trigger on a Rover jr in a couple of days. May I ask where the $249 is? Sounds great.
    18' x 54" Round AG 7500 gallon w/small prefab 2-piece fandeck
    Waterways 200sf Cartridge Filter, 1.5 hp 2-speed pump. 2" pvc piping
    Pool Pilot Total Control swg w/acid tank feeder
    Pool Rover Jr., BBB, TF 100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

no prob lazy...see you are in NJ...we are in NY and got it at Namco...not sure if you have a Namco or Branch Brook (same co and sale prices) store nearby...they run it on sale every few weeks for $249...last week's flyer had it for $299.

Here is a link to this weeks flyer...I see it's still $299 ...man.. I should have pick up a few last fall...I generally do not like refurbs, but this thing looked brand new...still works great...unfortunately there is now way to tell if they'll bring 'em back in the fall.
    http://www.namcopool.com/images/insert.pdf
    Good luck
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

We've got Junior....and LOVE him.
    Karen
    18' x 4' AG Vinyl liner
    Waterway 100lb sand filter with 1 1/2 hp pump
    Middle TN

6. Back To Top    #6

I too, have a regular Pool Rover and LOVE it! I first used it for my blow up Intex pool, now for my above ground and it works beautifully. I had considered not having a pool anymore before I purchased the Rover................

Christine
    18 X 54 Round-Wilbar-Sharkline Above Ground Tahitian
    Stainless steel access panel/ 1.5 hp pump
    Self Installed 6/09
    Crushed by Irene, and a 50ft oak 8/28/11
    Re installing 4/12 and up and running

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    no prob lazy...see you are in NJ...we are in NY and got it at Namco...not sure if you have a Namco or Branch Brook (same co and sale prices) store nearby...they run it on sale every few weeks for $249...last week's flyer had it for $299.

Here is a link to this weeks flyer...I see it's still $299 ...man.. I should have pick up a few last fall...I generally do not like refurbs, but this thing looked brand new...still works great...unfortunately there is now way to tell if they'll bring 'em back in the fall.
    http://www.namcopool.com/images/insert.pdf
    Good luck

Thanks for the info.

I would do it for $200 - $249, but I opted for the Costco $319 including delivery deal. Can't go wrong with Costco stuff, and the price isn't too bad. I ordered it 2 days ago and it comes today via UPS. Not bad. My pool needs it.

I wanted to see how well the filter did on it's own, but I can't wait any longer and pulled the trigger.

I also considered the Rover vs Kleen as well, but opted for the Rover because so many people said they've liked it.
    18' x 54" Round AG 7500 gallon w/small prefab 2-piece fandeck
    Waterways 200sf Cartridge Filter, 1.5 hp 2-speed pump. 2" pvc piping
    Pool Pilot Total Control swg w/acid tank feeder
    Pool Rover Jr., BBB, TF 100 test kit