Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: problem with pump

1. Back To Top    #1

problem with pump

I can see alot of air bubbles through the clear lid of the basket. Also the sand filter is making a noise like you can hear sand particles swooshing around in the filter.

How can I correct this? How do I get air out of the system? I never had this problem before. This pump is supposed to be self priming.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: problem with pump

You are getting air into the pump somehow. Have you checked the rubber gasket on the pump strainer lid? They do go bad over time.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: problem with pump

Thanks I will look at that tommorrow. One thing I did earlier durning openning,now that I remember, one of the unions was leaking. I know you are supposed to only hand tighten them so the only thing that stopped the leak was to wrap with teflon tape. It took care of the leak.

I guess I need to go back and tighten everything up,just worried about over tightening,not much of a plumber.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner