New build in Atlanta GA

My Permitting phase has finally ended. I got a 25ft variance to reduce my exterior setback from 50ft to 25ft. I had to get a new survey, legal description, and then submit the notarized variance application. Then, a month and a half later, I had to attend the county variance public hearing. After approval, I had to wait 10 days to make sure there's no appeal. Then, I had to submit a new notarized pool permit application. Now that it's been finally approved, the process can start. The pool company came out yesterday and put up the construction silt fence. This also has to be approved by the county. It failed because the pool wasn't drawn on the lawn. They came back out today and drew the pool. On Monday, the county is coming back out. If Monday goes well, the dig starts on Feb 1. YAY!!!

Nice dig - clean (in he end).

How much did the trash pit end up costing you?

My experience with builder trash pits (non-pool related) is that our county went after the builder and the county won. He paid $5K in penalties/fines for a dumpster or several of trash. Not cost beneficial for him. Plus his legal fees. Nothing was paid to the homeowner but it was the county who dig it up/investigated.

Luckily it was a small one. The excavation company picked out the trash so it was just 1 dump truck load. They charged me $635. I contacted the homebuilder this morning and they just called me back. After sending them a few pictures, they agreed to reimburse me the $635. YAY!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You did it! You have a hole in the ground!!! Let the mud begin!

UGGG on the trash pit but sweet on him saying he will pick up the cost. Bet he was shaking in his boots that you would call someone to rat him out!!

So talk to me about that area dug out on the left side of the pool.

Kim:kim:

You did it! You have a hole in the ground!!! Let the mud begin!

UGGG on the trash pit but sweet on him saying he will pick up the cost. Bet he was shaking in his boots that you would call someone to rat him out!!

So talk to me about that area dug out on the left side of the pool.

Kim:kim:
Thanks. The left is just decking. Does something look odd?

I'm sure it would be spendy but a low curving wall with matching stone to what you already have would look fantastic. Not only in appearance, but also in function and best of all, atmosphere for that decking area. It would give it a sense of being a bit more cozy rather than out in the open. Mind you, I love the large deck, but walls around seating areas can make them feel really special. I feel like Kim here, just build one, it's only your money, not mine!

I'm sure it would be spendy but a low curving wall with matching stone to what you already have would look fantastic. Not only in appearance, but also in function and best of all, atmosphere for that decking area. It would give it a sense of being a bit more cozy rather than out in the open. Mind you, I love the large deck, but walls around seating areas can make them feel really special. I feel like Kim here, just build one, it's only your money, not mine!
Thanks for the suggestion. Don't think it fits in the budget though. Maybe phase 2 [emoji1]

It could be angled down to the deck over a few feet and seeded or mulched and landscaped. Also depends on how the water flows in your yard. If water wants to come back towards the deck, you could have some problems.

If the general angle is away from the pool, and only the steeply sloped section angles towards the deck then no worries.

I'm still working with the landscape company to see what we're going to do with the slope. A wall still looks to be out of budget, so he said we could do a berm instead. He wants to see the final level of the decking first. This should be next week. In the meantime, plumbing, concrete shell, electrical, and stonework is done. We're on track to be done by the end of March.

20170203_123031_zps9n54s7gw.jpg
20170204_083553_zps0ofhmz3f.jpg
20170221_134318_1487703515686_zpstlua3ug0.jpg
20170228_174931_zpsii81bsub.jpg

20170303_133359_zpshnnyesgc.jpg

20170304_080249_zpszolhklyf.jpg

20170309_065504_zpspnip5iuj.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.