ecoFINISH aquaBRIGHT longterm review

The ecoFinish product price will probably add 10-12,000 but that will depend on your installer

That will probably depend on location and builder. Of course pool size as well. My entire pool build was less than 40K. I can't seem to find my line item contract but I doubt ecoFinish was 1/4 the price of my build. Considering raw materials and labor, it probably should be less than a pebble tec finish. It really is a pretty easy process.

That will probably depend on location and builder. Of course pool size as well. My entire pool build was less than 40K. I can't seem to find my line item contract but I doubt ecoFinish was 1/4 the price of my build. Considering raw materials and labor, it probably should be less than a pebble tec finish. It really is a pretty easy process.

Your pool is also very small comparatively. Your install was probably just a few thousand dollars.

This one is 28,000 gallons.... Custom drain covers!

IMG_20170326_174733052_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170326_174830826_HDR.jpg

I wouldn't call the install process easy...or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Your pool is also very small comparatively. Your install was probably just a few thousand dollars.

This one is 28,000 gallons.... Custom drain covers!

View attachment 58430

View attachment 58431

I wouldn't call the install process easy...or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I think my original comment was directed towards an "additional" 10-12K That seems pretty silly to me. Your stencils are amazing and obviously would add to the cost. I watched the process in my pool. It is NOT labor intensive and a person with a reasonable brain could probably be completely trained (not including fancy additions like stencils) in a few pools to do a standard install.

I am a 100% believer that it is a superior product, but just because it is superior does not mean it has to be more expensive. If the associated cost of materials and labor is less than a pebble-tec type finish then the cost should be less as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think you are missing the fact that my material expense for AquaBright is more than I pay for materials AND labor for a pebble install.

While it doesn't take an advanced degree to install, there is actually a lot more to the application process than meets the eye and a whole lotta things that can go terribly wrong. Perhaps your guys just made it look easy...I usually kick, scream and throw things the entire time :rant:

I think you are missing the fact that my material expense for AquaBright is more than I pay for materials AND labor for a pebble install.

While it doesn't take an advanced degree to install, there is actually a lot more to the application process than meets the eye and a whole lotta things that can go terribly wrong. Perhaps your guys just made it look easy...I usually kick, scream and throw things the entire time :rant:

LOL. I'll take your word for it. You do great work. Keep it up.

Isn't that the truth! I'd really like to get another gun to speed things up as take some stress off my back. Double fist it!

Why not a hotter flame source then you can increase the feed rate of the polymer ... a water-stabilized plasma torch runs anywhere 6,000 to 10,000 Kelvin.... heck, at that temp you can flame-spray porcelain coatings :rockon:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am currently considering AquaBright and have a question - If and when[FONT=&quot] sometime down the road (even if it's years from now) the pool needs to be refinished, how do you get the Aquabright off to resurface the pool?

[/FONT]

Thank you for starting this thread! Independent and unbiased reviews help everyone out. It certainly is an interesting product and we'll all be interested in seeing how it performs in your pool.

Best wishes.

You don't, you add another coat of AquaBright on top. If you choose to go with another finish it will be a complete chip out and replaster.

Yep. It is on there forever. What I saw was that the bond was stronger than the plaster. I suppose you might find some super aggressive very coarse sandpaper and a very high power sander, but event then, it would have to take some of the plaster off, and I bet it would just get clogged with the aquabright, and so you would need to change sandpaper every minute or two. We had to grind off just a small mabe 3" size spot to fix a flaw, and that took more than 15 minutes with a hand grinder and a diamond wheel.

Yep. It is on there forever. What I saw was that the bond was stronger than the plaster. I suppose you might find some super aggressive very coarse sandpaper and a very high power sander, but event then, it would have to take some of the plaster off, and I bet it would just get clogged with the aquabright, and so you would need to change sandpaper every minute or two. We had to grind off just a small mabe 3" size spot to fix a flaw, and that took more than 15 minutes with a hand grinder and a diamond wheel.

Nah, super easy to remove...just fill the pool with boiling toluene and you'll dissolve it all super quick! Just remember...no smoking....

giphy.gif

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.