Filter PSI goes up 1 to 2 days after claning DE filter why

Robsmith

In The Industry
Dec 11, 2015
Chino
I have a commercial pool that I am doing the water is crystal clear and the pool bottom has just been vacuumed then I cleaned the DE filter clean PSI is 13. 2 days later I come back the water is still crystal clear but the filter psi is now 32, I replaced 4 of the grids the other 4 are like new I put 6 pounds of DE in it and it is a 60 sqft filter I don't know what is going on I have been servicing pools for over 17 years and this is crazy clear clean water clean filter psi of 13 come back 2 days later and the water is still clear and clean but the psi is know 32 can anybody help

Thank you :cool::cool::cool::cool:

How long have you been doing the pool?
How big is the pool?
How many days a week do you service the pool?
What kind of use does the pool get?
Do you backwash before you vac pool?
How many hours a day does it run?
Why does it even have a D.E. filter to begin with?

Commercial, or semi-public pools, usually run 24-7 and usually have sand filters, and get more used, and abused, than a residential pool.
If it runs 24 hours a day that's like 3 days on a residential pool, 48 hours=6 days, and if the pool gets used a lot, that's another thing to consider.

it is a 40k pool
runs 24/7
I clean it mon wed fri
no I don't back wash before I clean the pool I back wash after I clean the pool
I have been cleaning the pool for about 1 month
it gets a pretty good amount of use probably 5 to 10 kids a day

Get used to frequently back washing that filter, if its high when you get there, backwash before you vac, makes your job easier, if it gets high when your done vacuuming, back wash it before you leave, if it meant having to service the filter more frequently, then charge accordingly, 200#s d e per month, charge accordingly.

5-10 kids per day, plus the other 50-75 kids you don't see, get used to back washing it, a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.