Sta-rite 400LP heater not ignite

Aug 21, 2016
Santa Maria/CA
I am a new member and am trying to get a help on a heater no ignition problem. My Sta-rite 400LP heater quitted on making hot water. It starts and runs for a few min as routine before the blower stops working with "Service Heater " LED on. During the running time, there is no hot water come out, only cold air from the exhaust flue. No red diagnostic LED's (AGS, AFS, ...) on. If turning off the heater and backing it on, the procedure will be repeated. On back of the board, red LED11 and green LED8 (9?) are on. I changed the igniter but no help. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Check the level of your propane tank, Pentair suggests to keep it above 55% to be able to sustain enough pressure to the heater. Do you ever smell propane? About 35-40 seconds into the blower coming on the gas valve opens and you should smell propane, especially if it doesn't ignite, coming out the exhaust. If not you'll need to verify voltage to the gas valve to see if it's good or toast.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.