New Pool Build in Chandler AZ

Wanted to post some pictures and get an update on here. We cured the pool up until Sunday 9/4. The crew was set to come back out to start working on the travertine and stone install on Tuesday 9/6 after Labor Day. We ended up getting rain, just a light sprinkle for most of the morning, but it was enough for the crew to pack up and take the day off. So that's the second time mother nature has interfered with the schedule. They were back out on Wednesday 9/7 and just finished Saturday 9/10. They got the travertine coping down, small amount of travertine decking we got through the builder, stacked stone, and formed the concrete top for the table.

Install

How it sits today

We ended up getting another 600sqft of travertine on our own and will have someone install that shortly. We're covering our entire covered patio with travertine as well as increasing the deck area and adding diamond shaped stepping pads between the patio and baja bench. We also made a change to our tile selection for the table top and waterline tile. Switched from Noble tile NNRG 141 Mont Blanc Blue to NNRG 136 Paris Blue. It was difficult to try and get a standard water line tile to match, so we ended up ponying up more cash and got the same 1x1 tile for the water line. It should look really good and is supposed to get installed on Tuesday 9/13.

Time for some bling! Water line and table top tile got installed today. I got home from work after the sun was already going down, but got to see tons of different shades from different angles. We love how it came out and think this tile really makes the pool extraordinary! Can't wait to see it in full sun, let alone with water reflecting off it. We're in the final stretch now :kim:

For those interested, this is Noble Tile Paris Blue, NNRG 136

Thanks everyone! The tile does look really cool in the horizontal position on the table. There are some leftovers that we're going to see if the plaster company will set on the steps.

Pre-plaster inspection with the city is set for Friday. Getting so close now :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Time to update the thread. While we waited for more work to be done by the PB, we tackled the landscaping. I rented a trencher and spent the better part of a weekend doing the irrigation system. Changed out the 4 zone controller to a 6 zone controller, built a valve manifold, wired everything up and ran close to 250' of PVC line for the trees and poly tubing for the plants. Hired a local nursery to do the planting as the soil here is hard as a rock. I did plant the bushes, shrubs, and a fig tree on my own which was hard work. Also had a tile crew out that same weekend to cover the 450sqft patio with matching travertine, extend the front of the deck area, and extended the right side of the deck area as well as add 3 4x4 stepping pads between the patio and the pool. Here are a few pictures of the landscaping:

We failed the initial pre-plaster city inspection on 9/16 for a couple of findings. Our door alarm was not UL2017 rated, so had to get a different one; one of the stranded ground wires on the control panel wasn't completely landed; a fuse on the breaker wasn't the right size; and we had more than a 2" gap under both of our side gates. I addressed the door alarm and added rock under both side gates and the PB had the electrician come back out on Monday 9/19. The city inspector came back that day and approved us. After several days of rain delay (3rd time mother nature has delayed us), we finally had plaster out on Thursday 9/29. Acid wash was on Friday 9/30. Rain still struck us on Thursday, but the guys just tarped the pool and continued through it. Luckily the rain moved through pretty quickly

My wife thinks the guys left around 3PM and only put one hose in the pool. When I got home, I added two more hoses. Shut one off around 10PM and shut another off at midnight. Checked the progress at 3AM and we were about 4" to go, so I turned the last hose to about 1/2 way. By 6:30AM on Saturday 10/1, the pool was full! I couldn't believe it filled so fast and was thinking it was going to take 2 full days. We love how the finish turned out, especially the really reflective elements. Here are the results.

HI forgotten1,

Your tile looks amazing! Actually I am building a pool and happened to choose the same one. The installer said he would not recommend using it because the heat in AZ will crack it...Have you had any issues on the ones on the table top? We are doing a negative edge and would love to use it on the wall.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.