I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell,

While we are at enhancement suggestions, I would like CC, TA, CH, and CYA to all have the ability to quick calculate just like you have done for FC and pH. It is true that those are not needed as much as FC and PH, but I have found that I need them when my levels are dropping or a little too high. For instance today, I noticed that my pH has been dropping, so I tested my TA. Sure enough my TA had dropped from 70, which keeps my pH pretty stable at 7.6, to 50. Now TA=50 was within my acceptable range so I did not get a notification of how much Baking Soda I need to raise it to a more comfortable level. So I had to go into the setting area and overwrite the default to 70 to get the calculation. This worked fine, but it is not as elegant as the "Quick Calculation".

More charts as well. I love them! Would love to see how my TA drops over time as well as my CH and CYA.

Finally being able to input multiple pools would be wonderful. I have a Jacuzzi as well as my pool. Since your app currently only allows input of a single pool, I must use another application to keep track of my Jacuzzi.

In case I forgot to mention it, I truly love this application. Thanks for all your hard work.

Thanks Holydoc, I hadn't thought to make quick calcs for those other items but I will reconsider for sure. I figured an advanced user like you would want to set their TA target that your pool likes anyways ;) just teasing. Let me think on it. As for charts, I will add them, just a little concerned with page loading times when there are a dozen or so charts on the same page. I'll look into streamlining the code for that so I can add more charts, because I want to add a SWG% vs pump run time for the SWG users. as well.

As the the previous suggestion on the customer fields for the liquidator. Thinking on that one as well.

Right now I am currently testing SMS notifications on myself, if anyone wants to test that soon as well let me know.

Russell,

I don't know about advanced user, but you are right. I could set my own TA, but I like being lazy! LOL...

Anyway, you do know these are just suggestions, right? I mean, I do download all the data and already make the plots I am requesting for my own use. It would just be so much more convenient if Pool Logger did them for me. (there is that lazy factor again!)

Actually, I think the biggest bang for your buck would be allowing multiple pools to be tracked. That is something that I have not been able to find a workaround for. :)

I entered todays results and noticed a nice change on the home page. I love the colored values giving a quick and easy visual on the status of the results. I must say that I'm very impressed by the logger. I really like using it and it will give the PoolMath app a run for its use. You've done a great job at making a useful and user friendly way to track my pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think that was a nice addition too.
I agree! I noticed it last night too. Not only is it functional, it looks good too!

Thanks Jamie for helping out!!
Glad to lighten your load. :)

I had an idea of something that would be of interest to me if you were to add it, although I'm not sure how much others would find it useful. Would there be a way to track how much swimming the pool receives during a particular day (possibly in man hours or something like that)? I have my levels all balanced and steady day by day, but when we all go swimming that obviously uses more chlorine and I have to compensate. Perhaps if this usage were able to be logged like the other chemical entries (instead of just using the notes section) then trends could more easily be seen.

Again, thanks for all your hard work, Russell! I didn't even know there was another app in the works until recently, but I've been very happy with yours and am excited about all the features you have been giving us.

Ok, you guys got me curious so I ran over to the site to take a peak. It is a nice addition. Now you know right away which items need attention. :)

I agree! I noticed it last night too. Not only is it functional, it looks good too!

Glad to lighten your load. :)

I had an idea of something that would be of interest to me if you were to add it, although I'm not sure how much others would find it useful. Would there be a way to track how much swimming the pool receives during a particular day (possibly in man hours or something like that)? I have my levels all balanced and steady day by day, but when we all go swimming that obviously uses more chlorine and I have to compensate. Perhaps if this usage were able to be logged like the other chemical entries (instead of just using the notes section) then trends could more easily be seen.

Again, thanks for all your hard work, Russell! I didn't even know there was another app in the works until recently, but I've been very happy with yours and am excited about all the features you have been giving us.
I think this would fall into what I suggested a few pages back with the customizable input. He said he would look into it, so keeping my fingers crossed it's something he sees as worth the effort.

I'm glad you like the colors. I just didn't think the light text colors were cutting it.

My real job got really busy the last couple weeks so I haven't got as much time as I like with Pool Logger but I am always making changes. I have some back-end stuff I need to do before any more major changes. It seems a lot of emails from pool logger are going into junk mail, so I need to fix that, and mess with the notifications too. Then I can work on seeing how I can do custom stuff for you guys.

Thanks again for the comments and suggestions!

I do have one suggestion. Would it be possible to add the range that you are wanting to stay within beside the item you are testing? For example, my CYA is 40 so I try to stay around 6ppm. I know that I need to stay between 5 and 7 but it would be nice it that showed up when I was entering the test result. That way I would know without seconding guessing. It would also be helpful to see what your last test result was while your entering the new test results. Maybe something like this...

FC: (Goal=5-7)(Last test=6)
Enter Free Chlorine

Maybe thats getting to be too much?

Russell, Thanks for taking the time to add my suggestion above! I just added a new test and everything looks great! Only suggestion others may have is to separate things with a /.

Currently shows Last:6 Min:3 Target:5-7 Slam:16

May look better as Last:6/Min:3/Target:5-7/Slam:16

Not sure if that will start messing with the screen layout having too many caricatures on one line?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.