Trip advice, 2 weeks away from the pool.

Oct 14, 2015
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Needed some advice on how to go about this. In Texas, heats probably 100 in early September. Have a variable speed, a solar breeze, 280 Polaris, spa, pool, 3 drain options (skimmer, spa, pool).

my ph seems to always want to rise and I put in about 15 oz of muratic acid a week. I don't believe I will need to bother with pool pucks as I have a Stenner pump on a schedule running. I'm pretty widely estimating I'm using about 20 to 30 oz of chlorine a day.( Walmart brand).

i am planning on doing two things. First, store the solar breeze in the garage. It does not need to be out. Second, cut off the top skimmer drain so if the pool dries up below the skimline the pool doesn't suck air into the pump.

am I missing anything? It's a 2 week trip.

Pemolis,

I was gone three weeks and my SWG kept the pool crystal clear. I think your Stenner will do the same thing. I did not think about just using the main drain, good idea. I just had a non-pool neighbor stop by and add watter once a week if needed.

I increased my SWG's output based on increasing temperature forecast. A little extra chlorine is better than too little.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.