The Return of the Pool That Just Won't Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather see you work your way up to your target CYA so you can see how the process works. You could go all out and throw in 2.6 lb but I dont want you to overshoot like last time.

Check out the CYA chart in my sig block to see how we are finding targets

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know what you see according to what we've established as your current target

No I understand how you're doing it, but what I'm asking is - I just put one lb of stabilizer in my pool. Let's say that brings my CYA up to 30. The chart says that to slam at a CYA of 30, you need an FC of 12. If I'm at 10.5, then I'm not doing any slamming.

So my question is, now that I've got the sock going with one LB of stabilizer, should I add more bleach to ensure its still slamming?

- - - Updated - - -

For your viewing pleasure. I did my best!

August 1, 2016 - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

I'll toss in some bleach just in case. Might not be needed, but it can't hurt.

That is correct. You are getting it!!!1

As it stands right now, your CYA is unreadable under 30, but, your sample is cloudy so we can assume some cya is there but there is no way of telling how much exactly....so.... you could be at 4 or 29.. not sure. By adding small amounts you can start to pinpoint where you will be. I think 1lb will give you a max increase of 11-12 cya so even if you are at 29, you will still be at the 40ish mark, which is your target for normal operations.

You are currently slamming at 20 cya level because we dont know what it is...and wont until you get a better reading. You could raise it to 12 to anticipate the 30 cya. Anything above your normal FC level will be handing the algae

Just a small "tip" after watching your video,

Get yourself a squeeze bottle and dedicate it for water testing. They sell them at WalMart or just about any dollar store. Fill this bottle up rather than dipping your vials or bottles into the water. In very short time the sticker will fall off your mixing bottle if you continue to dunk it into the water.

So you've now added 1 pound of CYA into a sock correct?

That is correct. You are getting it!!!1

As it stands right now, your CYA is unreadable under 30, but, your sample is cloudy so we can assume some cya is there but there is no way of telling how much exactly....so.... you could be at 4 or 29.. not sure. By adding small amounts you can start to pinpoint where you will be. I think 1lb will give you a max increase of 11-12 cya so even if you are at 29, you will still be at the 40ish mark, which is your target for normal operations.

You are currently slamming at 20 cya level because we dont know what it is...and wont until you get a better reading. You could raise it to 12 to anticipate the 30 cya. Anything above your normal FC level will be handing the algae

Excellent! That's what I did. It's all starting to make sense.

Just a small "tip" after watching your video,

Get yourself a squeeze bottle and dedicate it for water testing. They sell them at WalMart or just about any dollar store. Fill this bottle up rather than dipping your vials or bottles into the water. In very short time the sticker will fall off your mixing bottle if you continue to dunk it into the water.

So you've now added 1 pound of CYA into a sock correct?

Good tip! I will do that!

Yup, one lb (or at least as far as I could eyeball) in the sock and enough bleach to cover the CYA spread. We will see what we have when I get home in about four hours.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, so it's looking like between 20 and 30 CYA and 11fc. I'm thinking another lb of stabilizer?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I also wanted to say how amazing the water is starting to look. It's starting to look like something I wouldn't mind swimming in! Pretty amazing.

Let's go ahead and call it 30ppm CYA for now. We'll retest on Wednesday. For now however let's adjust your FC level so you maintain 12ppm.

Don't be afraid if it goes cloudy clear here soon... the algae is dying off and needs to be filtered out. Keep brushing to get that stuff dislodged and filtered out and keep an eye on your filter pressure

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

" I was syphining it (hence getting to drink it)"

for a lesson on siphoning without having to drink the pool water, google .. Mom siphoning pool water 101 or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JcbC0E5Nuc will take you there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.