Blond hair....

Mimipell521

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Holden, Maine
I went to the salon today and got my hair done. Blond highlights. I'm newer to this forum but have successfully transitioned my pool to a TF pool and have done a ton of research on here, so when my stylist said as I was leaving "just be careful in your pool because sometimes pools will turn that blond a little green" I was able to smile and nod as I laughed under my breath walking out the door :cool: No worries here!! :swim:

You want to make sure you don't have "metals" especially copper. What were you using before you used this method ??
You might need to break down and take a sample to a pool store and see what your readings are.

Dang, and here I was sounding all cocky. Haha

I have read that it is the copper that does the staining and I haven't had an issue, even with my girls' bright blond hair. I was trying to make the point that a lot of people don't know the difference and assume it's the chlorine in pools that does the green staining. BUT, since you've thrown me off my high horse, I suppose I SHOULD test for metals since I DID use some algicides......:(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.