New Northeastern Pa Build

he likes them cause they r motorized. He is 6. He is flying through a bunch of Minecraft sets right now. I have thexfishing village and nijago village I’m sitting on right now while I finish the Disney castle. I’m really hoping to do more high end Disney stuff.

My other son is 6 and would also love the motorised sets. He’s not an avid builder though like our older son. He has multiple sets from his birthday in December not yet opened. Hubby is often away and I struggle for time to sit with him. Then he’s done after half an hour when I do. Older son has the mine craft sets but hubby despises them and won’t buy him any more [emoji23]

My other son is 6 and would also love the motorised sets. He’s not an avid builder though like our older son. He has multiple sets from his birthday in December not yet opened. Hubby is often away and I struggle for time to sit with him. Then he’s done after half an hour when I do. Older son has the mine craft sets but hubby despises them and won’t buy him any more [emoji23]

i hate the Minecraft sets. He loves Minecraft. I still play video games and I just don’t get Minecraft. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe I’m getting old. I sit and play Mario cart on the switch with him for hours or we play Zelda for hours. But but in Minecraft and I’m just confused. Lol

so today we finally got a final layout for the fireplace. it has changed at least 10 times in 5 days. i'm liking the new changes cause the inlay walls would have been pushed back too far since the firebox is 36 inches deep. those 2 side walls are now at the same plane of the face of the wood boxes so meaning those wall will be 11 feet high. the bench infant of each wood box will be the depth of the firebox. then the wood boxes kick back 12 inches and then the walls climb up to the ceiling. we lost the 2 pieces of limestone that would have been like countertops on each side the firebox but no bog deal.

another good thing is the firebox is actually 52 inches of width vs 48 wide and 42 high though. it has a nice proportion to it. it looks huge. deff the look we were going for. my kid can sleep in there. lol we aren't putting the firebox floor in yet till we do the pavers so we can set both at the same height cause the firebrick is 1/8 inch thinner than the pavers.

another good thing is i didn't loose any space for my kitchen. it is still 11 feet wide by 13 deep. so that all worked out.

here are some updated drawings, but i deff learned finally after 12 years what my dad's friends would always say about detailed plans. they are just drawings. not real world. what gets put on paper doesn't always look right in the real world. now i understand why they never looked at my house plans except for when they did the foundation. lol i used to always get mad saying "look at the plans!" they would say ya throw those away or go home and get some crayons and color those pictures and hang them on the frig. i get it now. sometimes you got to just have plan and work it out as you go.

but her are some pictures cause i like to draw. lol so maybe i didn't learn yet? lol

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

jimi

Going to be very nice Jim...

thanks cliff. i hope. it is looking good so far. just isn't much to look at yet but the firebox is there and the 2 benches. today joe and myself made that 1 new change and then we laid the block inside the wood openings to support the limestone to hold all the wood. i won that battle vs a brick floor for the wood. i think i volunteered t help lift and place the limestone though. lol

LOL you better watch out........I bet your drawings are the first thing to burn in the fireplace if they have their way!!!

I do hear them on "real life over a paper". That has happened quite often in my life and things I have done. So long as it all works out in the end it is all good!

Kim:kim:

LOL you better watch out........I bet your drawings are the first thing to burn in the fireplace if they have their way!!!

I do hear them on "real life over a paper". That has happened quite often in my life and things I have done. So long as it all works out in the end it is all good!

it always works out. It either goes. Jim u nuts. Or when I’m right I get a smile and ya ur right. Give and take. But he is like a dad so ultimately I look to him.

Dropped a bunch of chemicals today. My ch was low. I added about half. I had to add salt again and cya a bit. That rain really changed things up. Good thing is ph and fc has maintained proper through the 2 days.

Pumps r running high for a while now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jim it sure does make you glad to have TFP in your backpocket! You know what to do to "fix" anything that happens to your pool! :hug:

oh god I have no idea how somewho doesn’t know about here does it. This place like I always say is amazing. Just amazing. And by far the most normal place on the Internet. Lol.

I love being able to go buy what I need and knowing the direct affect it will have on the whole picture. Makes it very black and white. Cause man there is a lot of product out there saying different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Where are the pictures you tease?!?!

And pub mix bar napkins don't count...

Brian u are in the industry. U know we do our best work at lunch sitting at a counter asking a waitress for a pen while we draw on napkins. Lol. I have designed my last 2 theatres that way. Lol

ill have pictures soon. I’m pretty embarrassed by how messy it is around the building. The fireplace looks like nothing right now to most people. By the end of today it should look like something. I just got done lugging the limestone off the truck with joe forcthe wood boxes floor.

My ocd is loving the symmetrical layout of your fireplace. It’s going to look amazing!

Oh u should be here for those discussions. Joe never knew how I think 1 inch is a big deal. Lol. He marked the floor forcthe center line. I said did u drop a plumb bob from the beams to get it. He goes no I eyeballed it from where I will be sitting. Lol. He did good. He was 1 inch off only. Lol. Experience. Lol. So now everything he does he backs up and says yup totally even on both sides. Lol. Yesterday he was going on about how the inside of 1 box is going to be a bit bigger cause of how it had to be built bitcthe opening and what u physically see will be the same on both side. He gives me that look. I laughed. I said I get it joe. I love him. I really do. Every person that shows up to give some advice on something he always throws out there. “Now wait. This kid has every single thing in here down to the inch”. I say. Darn right I do. I have to. Lol

thanks though. Maybe I’ll take some pics tonight. Let me see how today goes.

well my walls are done. just lights now. they will be doing the steps soon. i am just waiting on the limestone place t out my 3 inch threads. should be ready this week. you do not ask this guy when he will have your stuff. you just don't. you just bring money and leave. lol so this kinda shows the elevation change in full frame wit the walls flanking them.i'm glad i went this route vs just 1 elevation.

IMG_1003 by Jim, on Flickr

this little wall will give me a nice elevation transition coning off the side end of the property.

IMG_1006 by Jim, on Flickr

and this wall will be a plantar box. it's like 2 feet deep. i might make this all my herbs so we can have easy access to them during the summer vs going out to the garden. i have to see.

IMG_1011 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_1008 by Jim, on Flickr

i had extra block i couldn't sell back so i had to figure out what to do with it. my wife had this idea. the dog's space had a baby gate which was covered by landscaping. but at least the view inside looks better now. i made it look like a castle wall on top kinda for his throne. lol

IMG_1014 by Jim, on Flickr
IMG_1013 by Jim, on Flickr

we are coming dow not the end of the brick. fireplace is almost to ceiling to go through for the chimney. we are at 9000 brick for the total job. 2000 over what we thought cause of all the additions and changes. joe just keeps saying this is way too much for a 75 year old man to do on his own. lol it's nuts what he has accomplished. he still has it. lol i brought him fish for dinner saturday when i went out for bass friday night.

LOL at least you know the "rules" for dealing with the artist of stone! Does he call when it is ready at least?

LOVE the "throne" room for the dog! Does he use it?

Tell Joe he is not alone.........you are there to help him! hehe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.