New build - Buffalo NY

One more thing to think about is code. I am sure your PB will make it apply... in Vegas the total step can't be more than 11 inches... so assuming 1.5 in of coping, 3 inches of tile above water line, leaves a max depth of water at 6.5 inches, I can raise it to 7.5 inches by keeping the pool a bit full. So you may need a step down into the 12 inches of water...

Hmmm not something I'd thought of. I'll have a talk with my PB when he's here excavating. Thanks for the heads up.

And here we go

first scoop

Kids were quite entertained watching all day

Line over to the equipment pad, this was supposed to go somewhere else, PB didn't like the location so he moved it to by the shed. They started the trench and I ran out to stop them and they convinced me this was the right place to put it.

Deep end swimout, wide enough to fit 3 adults, wanted to make sure this was big enough

My daughter playing in the dirt

And all finished

Tomorrow they're coming back to start plumbing electrical, finish that on Monday, Tuesday inspection and Wednesday Gunite. If that schedule holds I've got an outside shot at labor day swimming.

Well look at that! You have a HOLE in your yard! LOVE IT! Looks like a clean dig. Now go out and measure it. Add about 6 or so inches for the gunite and plaster. It is wide, long, deep, etc enough?

With you going so fast you need to find out what test it he is getting you. Let us know so we can fill in any holes for you.

LOL on your little girl playing in the dirt! Bet she had a blast!

:kim:

Well look at that! You have a HOLE in your yard! LOVE IT! Looks like a clean dig. Now go out and measure it. Add about 6 or so inches for the gunite and plaster. It is wide, long, deep, etc enough?

With you going so fast you need to find out what test it he is getting you. Let us know so we can fill in any holes for you.

LOL on your little girl playing in the dirt! Bet she had a blast!

Outside measurements are good. PB quoted 12" gunite walls and a 10" bottom, easy to measure outside but bottom is a bit more difficult without a laser because of the slope I have in my yard. I watched them dig most of the day yesterday and they had the laser setup and were checking depths so I'm pretty confident that should be good as well.

I'll be ordering the test kit this weekend and starting to read up on pool chemistry. This is what it looked like when I managed my "practice" pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First regret, deep end swimout and jump wall/waterfall should be switched. Workers here this morning and we were just talking and they pointed out that we won't be able to see the waterfall from anywhere but in the pool. Not sure how I missed it but I did, oh well.

First regret, deep end swimout and jump wall/waterfall should be switched. Workers here this morning and we were just talking and they pointed out that we won't be able to see the waterfall from anywhere but in the pool. Not sure how I missed it but I did, oh well.

It's not too late, you can change it. Until the gunite is shot.. just about any change is easy. Do it now.

Outside measurements are good. PB quoted 12" gunite walls and a 10" bottom, easy to measure outside but bottom is a bit more difficult without a laser because of the slope I have in my yard. I watched them dig most of the day yesterday and they had the laser setup and were checking depths so I'm pretty confident that should be good as well.

I'll be ordering the test kit this weekend and starting to read up on pool chemistry. This is what it looked like when I managed my "practice" pool

We have some teaching to do for sure :shock: LOL

:hug:

You have the lights in the correct place.........the reasons why.....

-NOT in swim lane

-should light up steps and and swim out

-One in shallow end will NOT be in eyes of people on bench

You are good with the the lights!

Now that PRETTY tile! Oh yeah!! and the surround is also a YES!

lets talk grout for that pretty tile........see if you can get your hands on the grout sample bars...I like the idea of light gray as the white will be a lot of contrast.

You have the lights in the correct place.........the reasons why.....

-NOT in swim lane

-should light up steps and and swim out

-One in shallow end will NOT be in eyes of people on bench

You are good with the the lights!

Now that PRETTY tile! Oh yeah!! and the surround is also a YES!

lets talk grout for that pretty tile........see if you can get your hands on the grout sample bars...I like the idea of light gray as the white will be a lot of contrast.

We're going with white grout because we're going with white plaster. Think it would look funny having gray grout and white plaster?

Another concern that I'm just now realizing, my back yard is 22" lower at the back end of the pool vs the sun shelf end. I was planning on having concrete pretty close to the fence and then just putting stone to fill the gap between the concrete and fence. I'm now realizing that the deep end of the pool will have concrete thats 22-24" up on the fence and I'm unsure what to do there. Do I fill with stone? Fill with dirt and cover with stone?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.