Las Vegas Build - It's like butter

I am enjoying your pictures, can't wait to see the finished product.

Me too!! thank you! I should have tiles next week and pavers week after (coming from Florida)... so in the meantime, I just wait... I called for the final electrical and pre-plaster inspection today... I have plenty of time to fix anything that may be wrong.. if it passes, bonus! lol

- - - Updated - - -

If your still looking for led strip lighting ideas, take a look at my build thread on my signature.

That's pretty cool stuff.. and looks great! I am still debating... I have until the pavers arrive...lol

So I failed the electrical... not because of anything the electricians did, but because of one of the risks of OB. I looked at my neighbors and how they had everything set up, but I am in an old house, built in 1964.

The power comes from my panel which is in my backyard and fed from an overhead line (very old school). Apparently, the line is too close to my pool! SO, I have to call the power company to come out and move the line to feed in from a different angle to meet code. Luckily, the power panel is far enough away, that just a different angle should work. My neighbors have lines over their pools, etc, so I thought I was safe, but I guess the code has changed.

I have to wait for my stone and tiles to arrive anyway, which is a week to two .. so no huge hurry, but just a major issue, that hopefully can be solved with a service call...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
https://www.nvenergy.com/business/n...structionN/images/NSTTransmissionConflict.pdf

Wow,
How did you get a pool approved with all the electric lines running overhead. That does not appear to be legal.
Did you get approval through the Utility company? The city may approve it, but the utility company can shut it down.
Check PDF above.

Just one feeder line to my house. the electric lines run down between the homes where I live... most everyone has a pool.

I have talked to NVEnergy.. that isn't the correct submittal... its a Project Information Sheet which I submitted today. In any event, in the old homes I guess they are used to this. I spoke with the City Inspector, and he said he can give me a conditional final, subject to full final when the line is moved. Meaning I can plaster and everything, then they come back to check after the line is moved for a full final, since it can take several months for NVEnergy to get around to move the line over a few feet (and charge me a cr load I am sure).

Plaster + water fill has to happen right away (typical process has water added 6 hours post plaster final trowel). Does your "conditional final" approval allow you to fill the pool? If not, plaster has to wait until you are allowed to put water in the pool.

Yes, I know how it feels with utility company work - it's been almost a year since Tucson water ripped up some of the asphalt street near my home to fix a water line problem with my neighbor's meter. They have yet to come back and remove the temporary asphalt patch they placed and re-bury the Century Link phone line they ripped up out of the ground. I call at least once per month and I get told they will get right on it....

Plaster + water fill has to happen right away (typical process has water added 6 hours post plaster final trowel). Does your "conditional final" approval allow you to fill the pool? If not, plaster has to wait until you are allowed to put water in the pool.

Yes, I know how it feels with utility company work - it's been almost a year since Tucson water ripped up some of the asphalt street near my home to fix a water line problem with my neighbor's meter. They have yet to come back and remove the temporary asphalt patch they placed and re-bury the Century Link phone line they ripped up out of the ground. I call at least once per month and I get told they will get right on it....

Yes, it would be to fill... the line issue has more to do with pool equipment (i.e. cleaning pole) than anything else, so the idea is that I am a good consumer and will be safe until then... truthfully, my wire is higher than I would ever hit it, but I understand the concerns...

BUT I just got off the phone with NVEnergy, the are coming on Sept 13 to disconnect/reconnect, because I'm getting a new, bigger panel. THey are going to see if they can schedule the move at the same time, since the line will be down anyway. Fingers crossed~!!!

That is awesome news! SWEET! I would be out there with cookies and Pepsi for the start and beer at the end! Bet they will do it then! :slidehalo:

:kim:

Ha!.. I sent them pictures of my back yard. I am at a termination, with a "crimp" so hopefully they can just extend my line by uncrimping and adding some line (nothing to cut).. just need to have the line moved down about 15-20 feet.

How long did it take to get it? I ordered mine on Sunday and still haven't gotten it. :( I have time, but I really want to start testing my water.

To get what?

Okay.. upate ----- NVEnergy came up with a possible solution, the city is looking at it to approve it. Ironically, all the power runs between the houses, so the lines do not even comply with the 10 foot horizontal rule anywhere in the neighborhood... so the inspector from the City, said, I'll just see if my boss will approve it.

In the meantime, he gave me a conditional final. I can plaster and fill and enjoy the pool. They will come check everything once NVEnergy is done.. to give final... so there ya go...

Tile should be here in next day or so... and I ordered my coping and pavers (23,000 lbs of stone, 11 pallets about 2075lbs each) should be here by next Friday from Florida. I don't even want to tell you the cost of the stone and shipping.. yes five figures...But you only do this once right?? Yikes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.