Pool overflowing... What to watch for now?

Jun 22, 2011
Hopkinton, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I was traveling and my kids took it upon themselves to add water to the pool. They left it on since yesterday, so I woke this am to see water draining from my overflowing pool into the yard.
I ground pool with vinyl liner. Aside from the obvious concerns that's just wasted heaven knows how much water, what should I look for to determine if the overflow harmed the liner? There are water marks on the cement in multiple places at "joints" on the pool surround.

Thanks for your advice.

Probably not much to worry about. If it was a lot of water and you have a high water table with poor drainage around the pool, you could get water behind the liner causing wrinkling or floating of the liner. That would be rather unlikely though. If anything, your CYA and CH might be reduced a bit due to the overflow.

Thanks. I have been told never to let it overflow, and we just had a beautiful huge paver pool deck installed, and they said the same. Not what the consequences could specifically be. Wrinkles I could live with. Liner failure, not so much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.