Is it ok to use a little Well Water in pool for proper skimmer level?

I just finished installing my 21 round Saltwater 8000 and seems to be working fine. My salt generator and water pump on timer circulating the water through sand filter. My only problem is in last few days my water is going down close to below skimmer level. I ordered potable water for the 10,000 gallon pool. Would it be all right to use some well water to get the level up to half mark of skimmer? It has some iron in it...not sure about other minerals. All I need is about 1-2 inches to get it to the mark.

Hi Dave,

Its what I thought, probably not a good idea. Well I would have to ask someone in town who is on county water..Ilive in the country..so well water is the only option. I would hate to add it to my potable water I had delivered into my pool.

Looks like I may have to buy a large water tank and store rain water just to keep it at right level for skimmer
Thanks for your suggestion

I have a water softener and whole house water filter and am on a well... I use it... not sure how great it is, but they have been doing it 20 years before I moved into it... seems ok.... maybe i will get some iron tests to make sure.

Unless you have the filters, i probably wouldn't use mine either if I didn't.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.