eddiejo

Jul 13, 2016
las vegas, nevada
Greetings TFP,

I'm a newbie to the site and a proud first time pool owner. I have been reading through the site and surfing YouTube trying to learn everything I can while troubleshooting ongoing problems. Recently I received my TF-100 test kit in the mail. I have been testing daily using only the basic test kit for TC and PH. Adding liquid chlorine and acid every other day. I'm planning additional chemistry testing this weekend. Still having some issues with basic plumbing and learning everything about my system and will be asking many questions very soon!

Look forward to learning,

eddiejo

Welcome!

Is it new pool? Just wondering why you need to add acid so often.
If you put your pool parameters in the sig it would help ppl here to give you more accurate advice. The first thing to do when asking questions is to post your test results, this way you'd get most relevant guidance.

Thanks everyone! I have added my pool parameters to my signature. Sorry, I meant new pool as in new for me. The pool is actually older. It's my first home and first pool. We have been moved in now for about a month. I originally hired a pool guy to help me get started. He drained the pool and refilled it. He also did some repair work to the in-floor cleaning systems "diaphragm clock"? I guess the popups weren't popping up. Also, he repaired a leaky anti-syphon valve for the sprinkler system. He originally bought the wrong valve and replaced it again with a different one. I believe that has to do with sprinkler system not allowing water to backwash into the house. I am not exactly sure, but it's right next to my pool pump. Sorry, I am rambling. Anyways, the pool guy didn't work out and I have taken over. I am only testing for TC and PH right now. I will do a complete test this weekend and post back the results. I have some questions about how long to run the pool pump for and my missing check valve. I will look for the correct forum to post in now.